Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for either a OEM or aftermarket complete wiring harness for a 1987 XLT. The previous owner tried to do some aftermarket stereo installation themselves and to tell you the wiring under the dash is a nightmare would be an understatement. I am looking to replace all the wiring underneath and both doors. Any help or references would be appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
25,359 Posts
Yo Brodu,
My late friend here, Justshootme84 (Gone but Never Forgotten) wrote, "I would also recommend Ron Francis Wireworks if you want a complete Ford harness."

Broncobill78 wrote, "I've USED the Ron Francis kits on two complete re-wires and I can't say enough about them. I've completely re-wired three trucks now, First was a Ron Francis Wireworks kit, second was a Painless Wiring kit & for the third I went back to Ron. Both kits are quality and very good but the WireWorks kit was just a notch or two higher. Anything else that I ever Re-wire will be done with one of Ron's kits. You can actually stop working on the re-wire for a couple of days to go on and deal with the rest of your life & when you come back & pick up all the pieces you do NOT have a stroke. That right there is worth the price of his kits."

To save $, For a YARD SEARCH, I use;
https://www.hollanderparts.com
A local yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped.
See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Tell them harness must be free of hacks, missing/damaged connectors and splices, etc.

GOOD FORTUNE!
Al

1 - 2 of 2 Posts