Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found nothing...

I was wondering what kind of rewiring to expect when I put in the new dash for the gauges. I know the dash is interchangeable, but I have no idea what to expect. Anybody have any good info on this and if it can be done in a weekend? Thanks in advance.

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
Uh, I believe the instrument cluster won't work. It's two different body styles between the 87 and 86. ['80-'86 and '87-'91]

·
Registered
203 Posts
I disagree. I think if you switched out the door panels with the new 87 dash, it would fit. I dont think the inside body design ever changed, just the aesthetic design. I know a guy who installed a 1990 Ranger interior into an 84 ranger.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
rangers are a different story than broncs, but the awnser is a resounding no ive posted about something simalar, and i was told that the dash is he only thing that wont interchange between the 80-86, 87-91, 92-96, they all have a different fire wall, an 86 computer wont run an 87 dash, but with a ton of time and lots of money anything is possible

·
Registered
203 Posts
Not sure why you would want to change it anyway???? I like the 86 better. I just wish I could find some door panels and seats to make mine look less like an abondoned junk yard truck LOL.....

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,912 Posts
I don't think he's talking about swapping the whole "dash" I think he just means the instrument cluster. Either way, it won't work. :shrug

·
Registered
484 Posts
I think it would work. ABout 6 months ago or so there was a bronco on ebay that was kinda retro fitted with a 97 expidition dash and his worked. Its possible to make it work, just probably a real pain, but it can be done.

·
Teddy Bear
2,209 Posts
cjbronco said:
I think it would work. ABout 6 months ago or so there was a bronco on ebay that was kinda retro fitted with a 97 expidition dash and his worked. Its possible to make it work, just probably a real pain, but it can be done.

i saw that puppy that was a sweet rig red with a 99 expedition interior, on an expy frame, i thing that guy had too much time on his hands

·
FSB warrior
6,113 Posts
He seams to be talking about the whole dash but is questioning his wiring diagram reading abilities on the cluster. It will work together, but I doubt you'll get it done in a weekend it took me like 6 hours to remove my 81 dash.

Thats what a 76 dash could look like in your truck a month and a half from now depending on how often you can work on it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts