Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a d44 ttb as of now, but I was talking to a buddy of mine and he said that I could bolt in a solid axle without doing much mods. He said that i'd hafta get a solid d44 out of an older ford like the 70's and then the only difference would be in the shock mounts. Is what my source says true?
Thanks
~Kenny

·
Registered
392 Posts
I wish it just bolted right in. There are a few things you can re-use tho. I just did what your asking about to my 89... It may not be the same amount of lift your looking for but the concept is going pretty much the same of what your going to have to do to yours.

http://www.fullsizebronco.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125029

And as zainyD said, use the search feature to your advantage. I looked at soooo many different topics/posts before I dug into mine. You're still going to have a lot of questions along the way, but you will find the majority of your answers in other people's builds.

As far as what your buddy said... your coil buckets and shock mounts are the same piece right now. You can get that setup to work, or go for some 79' coil buckets and 90's ish f250-350 shock mounts.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
There is a wealth of information covering this topic and its right in front of you. You could easily spend days on end reading and still not have all your questions answered.

Start with the stickys at the top of this forum, also look at the recent topics, like Midnyte said himself and many others (including me) have recent threads on SAS's that we are doing

Oh and it is a bolt in conversion for the most part. You just have to figure out what parts to use, where to get em and how to make em work. And when you cant do so, you have to be able to make a part or have it made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.