Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is whats goin on in my driveway. I got the truck about 2 weeks ago, witch before then it was sitting for 1-2 years. I know that i have a job in front of me getting this to be my daily driver but i have the time and money to spend on such an awesome truck.:twotu:

The truck will turn over on ether (starting fluid) but it wouldnt keep running. Then i noticed there was no hum from any fuel pumps so i began the investagation. I dropped my fuel tank to find out why i keept smelling gas, the good old tank was more rusted then the bodies of some full trail rigs and the pump...well thats another story, lets just say it wasnt pretty:banghead . Now i have the new tank, pump, sending unit all back in the beast:rockon . Tommorw im going to change the high pressure pump because im sure that pump is shot as well. (getting 12v and its not making any noise plus with the condition of the back one i could only imanige)

I just have a few questions,

1. How much gas needs to be in this thing for it to be sucking up gas, I had about 2 gallons around and just put it in there but it seems like the pump is sucking air. ( I know its a 33 gallon tank, so thats approx .06% full, but i didnt feel like running to the gas station to get gas at 10:30)

2. HOW THE HELL DO YOU GET TO THE SMALL BLACK CANISTER LOOKING FILTER ON THE FRAME????? :whiteflag What a horrible idea...2 pumps and 2 filters

3. Is there ne thing on the fuel system i might be severly overlooking? Id rather check it now then be sorry later

Im gunna start taking some pics tommorw so i can show you guys how its coming along, but for now help on this stuff would be so awesome, thanks in advance

·
Registered
9,895 Posts
Good luck.. my 87 has kept me busy for a long time trying to fix the little things on it. :(

2 gallons should be enough to get it to suck up and fire..
As for the black canister? Which one? The one on the pass frame rail right at the front? That's easy to get to. :)

Though having a 3" BL makes a lot of things a lot easier to get to..

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well,i have replaced all those things, and to my luck there is still little or no fuel getting to the engine. What should the pressure on the rails read? Is there some kind of like bleeding of the sistem that needs to be done? How would i check if an injector is firing? Goddamn fuel injection.....:banghead

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
I would put at least 5 gal in the gas tank. Are you turning the key for the pump to prime then shut off then turning the key back then on again. Repeat this several times and check the schrader valve for gas.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts