Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1988 Bronco that I changed the fuel pump on as it went bad. Well it is still having problems. It will start fine and when it hits the first line in the normal band it dies. No sputter no hesitation just dies. I have replaced the TFI and checked the grounds with no luck. I have been trying to find an answer for my problem and haven't had any luck. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Try it now!!
9,115 Posts
Only sensor related to the cam is the hall effect sensor on the dizzy, but unless there is a temperature related problem with it, it shouldnt be affected by temperature.

You should check to see what you are missing...spark or fuel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To early for a cam sensor. also it wont even spark after it dies let it sit for 10 min it starts right up.

·
Registered
382 Posts
What did you put in it for a TFI module? I've heard of people having problems with "parts store" modules and end up ponying up the money for Motorcraft.

If it is a Motorcraft part did you make sure that it made good contact and used your dielectric grease?

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
Pulled codes yet?

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
check the ECT sensor. mine did the same thing except it would die it would run like crap, and then if i shut it off it wouldnt restart for like 30 minutes.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
I have heard a problem like this can be cause from a faulty coil. When the coil is cold, it works pretty good, but when it gets warmer (ie. op temp) it starts to not work so good, somtimes not at all. Only thing I have seen this on was a 20hp briggs with a coil, it would run great up untill the motor got hot.

You can take it to have az test it, but if you have a junker sitting around with a good coil, give it a try.

Nothing else comes to mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts