Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have what i think is a 9 3/4 or something very close bigger than a 9 inch and not a 10 inch

but i want to replace my 8.8 and i dont know if it will bolt on with out much if any cutting or welding

and help greatly appreciated :rockon

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
nvme_63 said:
i have what i think is a 9 3/4 or something very close bigger than a 9 inch and not a 10 inch

but i want to replace my 8.8 and i dont know if it will bolt on with out much if any cutting or welding

and help greatly appreciated :rockon
Pics?

why replace your 8.8?

Are you referring to a 9.75 visteon (ford) axle?

or perhaps a D60 (9.75 inch ring gear)?

some mod is almost mandatory on any swap unless you have an older truck and just swap up to the 9". Welding may not be required, but the pinion snout on all these axles is different (as are a few other minor items, depending on axle).

So, what is the plan? what do you have and why do you wish to do this?

If it's a visteon I still think the aftermarket has not caught up with it, so lockers and such are a no go.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i am def. replacing the ttb with d 44 putting a 8 in lift and 38.5 and im just worryed the 8.8 wont hold up i will have close to 350 hp and 4.10 gears just dont wanna have to replace stuff every time i go out. o yea and that axle is out of an f-250 it was in my 88 f-150 so i think that its should bolt up no prob

p.s i dident put it in the f-150 thats why i wondered

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
nvme_63 said:
well i am def. replacing the ttb with d 44 putting a 8 in lift and 38.5 and im just worryed the 8.8 wont hold up i will have close to 350 hp and 4.10 gears just dont wanna have to replace stuff every time i go out. o yea and that axle is out of an f-250 it was in my 88 f-150 so i think that its should bolt up no prob

p.s i dident put it in the f-150 thats why i wondered
well, you're right, it won't live long. And neither will any semifloat axle with that tire size. The D44 front will be pushed as well, you'll need the extra dough for alloy shafts. An 88 F250 with 5 lug? pics, pics pics and we can tell you exactly what you want to know.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i will take some pics tommaro but i dont k what year the axle is i just k it was in a f-250 and its now bolted on my f-150 witch is an 88 and my bronco is an 88 but i will def. get some pics by tommaro :rockon

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
Sterling 10.25? They came in full and semi float. 5-lug...its nothing special. 8 lug, you might have something decent.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm planning on swapping in 8 lug axles on the Moose Stang to complete the HD conversion. I have an 84' F-350 parts truck right here, and see no issue with swapping the rear from the F-350 to the 87' Bronco. In fact, I plan to leave the springs bolted to the axle, and do the swap at the hangers. For the front, since I'm not off-roading this, I hope to just change out the spindles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts