Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you tell the difference between the XLT model and the eddie bauer, also did all the models come with the two-tone paint option, and the tree embroidery on the front seats, any feedback would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
100 Posts
The easiest way to tell the difference is that the XLT has XLT badges and the Eddie Bauer has the Eddie Bauer badges, lol. Im not sure what years came with the "tree" pattern on the seats, but I think they had them in 88. As far as I know all EBs had the tan top and the tan strip along the bottom. However, I did notice the bronco on the cover of the Haynes manual has the EB seats, EB badges on the fender, but had no tan trim. EBs also had the tan spare tire cover. Im not sure if all EBs had to have the rear mounted spare, but I think they did. Im also pretty sure that all EBs had the tan interior. As far as actual options go, you could get an XLT with just as many (or more) options than on an EB

·
Registered
204 Posts
The tree embroidery on the seats is the Eddie Bauer symbol....

it's on the emblems too. The Eddie Bauer package was basically the most plush of the trim packages you could get for any truck model for that year. Saddle colored interior, leather seats (if available at that time), captain's seats in the front, "custom" tree embroidery on the front seats, wood grain dash trim, and EB emblems on the interior and exterior.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Look at the dash, on the right it should say Eddie Bauer. This pic is from my 95 but If I remeber right the 88's were very close to the same

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
it's on the emblems too. The Eddie Bauer package was basically the most plush of the trim packages you could get for any truck model for that year. Saddle colored interior, leather seats (if available at that time), captain's seats in the front, "custom" tree embroidery on the front seats, wood grain dash trim, and EB emblems on the interior and exterior.
my 88 XLT came with captians chairs, and wood grain dash trim....

·
Registered
204 Posts
my 88 XLT came with captians chairs, and wood grain dash trim....
Hmm, well, maybe owning an EB was just that, the right to say it's and "Eddie Bauer" cause it says it on the dash! Lol! I'm no Bronco expert, but those are some of the only differences I've seen between my truck and non-EB broncos and trucks of the same year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The reason that I ask is that the emblems are all worn out, but it does have the wood trim inside, trees on the upholstery, tan top, and the tan trim on the bottom.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Trees on interior = Eddie Bauer. Unless of course your truck was really another model made over to look as if it is an Eddie Bauer. Such as, new two tone paint, new seats, new interior.

But doubtful. Sounds like you have an Eddie Bauer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts