Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been finding a lot of info in the later models, but not anything thats helping me with my 88 f150/AOD.

I just installed a signal switch. I noticed the two copper studs that ride along the steering wheel were worn in the old, so I thought that was the problem. When I installed the new one, I still had no horn and no cruise control(both of them worked 20k ago) The next morning I started the truck and the horn was going off so I had to unplug them. I am getting a live signal to the horns now, but still no cruise control. I have replaced the CC fuse in the fuse box, but not sure what else to check. What could be causing this? The steering wheel looks like a pretty simple setup, and my wires are good up to the horn...

thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
710 Posts
I don't think 88 had a clockspring... i could be wrong though. if it does have a clockspring i'd bet that's your issue. I think the clockspring part replaced the contacts you are talking about though...

you need to check your cruise control de-activation switch, it oughta be on top of your mastercylinder (at least it is on my '94). Those things go bad, and will literally burn your truck down because the cruise deactivation is always "hot" and if it starts leaking... sizzle sizzle boooom!!! I only found out about mine because it was smoking:doh0715:

check your horn button(s), if they are dirty and bad looking you can clean them with wd40, just use compressed air to blow all the excess wd40 out so it isn't dripping in your lap while driving around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts