Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not yet exactly. I got so many parts sitting on my dining room table, I got too excited and wanted to start my thread. So heres a few pics of what I have so far. The work will probably actually start next week and there will be plenty of updating then.

Heres how she sits now.

Heres the new axles. Kingpin Dana 60 DRW and Sterling 10.25. Got both for a total of $570.00 (Special thanks to rclark12)

New hubs and rotors to convert to srw.

Timken bearings and seals

And heres what I got over the past couple days.
Factory Ford shock towers.

WFO Concepts ubolt flip and some shock mounts.

Some hardware.

Sky's spring hanger and shackles for the rear of the front axle.

I'm still waiting on the springs and wheels. I ordered 6" superlift springs for the rear and Im going to use the stock rear leaves up front. The wheels are Bart 15x12. I know about the caliper issue and still haven't decided if I'm going to use spacers or grind them. I don't have the money for tires right now so I'm staying with the Hawgs and that's why I ordered the 15's.

Like I said I just wanted to post what I have so far so I'm sorry but there probably won't be any updates for a week or two.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Glad to see your getting started. Should be a good build, with the right size back spacing and caliper grinding you can get a 15" rim on. 2.5" back spacing goes on know grinding I believe, lots of info over at pirate.

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to see your getting started. Should be a good build, with the right size back spacing and caliper grinding you can get a 15" rim on. 2.5" back spacing goes on know grinding I believe, lots of info over at pirate.
Thanks man. :beer I cant wait. Just waiting on the springs and bushings to come in. Ill probably start tearing into that dana this weekend.

Can't wait to see how it goes. Thanks to you I ordered those hubs and rotors at a great price.
:beer Mine are still sitting in the box.:doh0715: Have you installed yours yet?

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New steering. Nothing fancy, just stock F350 stuff. Down the road when I have the funds, Ill do crossover steering. But buddy of mine said he can make the crossover arm for me so we'll see.

Wheels. 15x12 Bart. 3.5" backspacing. I'm going to run a half inch spacer so it looks like I'll be doing a little bit of grinding.

·
Registered
564 Posts
:beer Mine are still sitting in the box.:doh0715: Have you installed yours yet?
pfft no, I wish. Those are the only things I have going towards my sas besides cheap swampers. I decided I wanted a flatscreen more than a d60 :banghead

And I never realized how beef those shackles are

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pfft no, I wish. Those are the only things I have going towards my sas besides cheap swampers. I decided I wanted a flatscreen more than a d60 :banghead

And I never realized how beef those shackles are
Haha. I hear ya. I took out a pension loan for the parts and a mini vacation. I probably should have bought new tires but.......

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sub'd. I'm doing almost an identical setup. Are you planning on cutting and turning the axles to get your angles?

·
Registered
411 Posts
IMO with 10" of lift with a bronco its probably a good idea to cut off the perches and twist the axle a bit, if nothing else at least the rear, first time I crawled under a bronco I couldn't believe how short and angled the shafts were. Then again I'm comparing to longer wheel base vehicles I've only owned trucks. I know some one with a blazer on 44's and he had to alter both the front and rear axles for that

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sub'd. I'm doing almost an identical setup. Are you planning on cutting and turning the axles to get your angles?
IMO with 10" of lift with a bronco its probably a good idea to cut off the perches and twist the axle a bit, if nothing else at least the rear, first time I crawled under a bronco I couldn't believe how short and angled the shafts were. Then again I'm comparing to longer wheel base vehicles I've only owned trucks. I know some one with a blazer on 44's and he had to alter both the front and rear axles for that
I'm not sure if I'm going to cut the perches yet. I'm most likely going to try to stay closer to 8" so I may be able to get away with a wedge in the rear for now. I know the front may be a different story but we will see when the time comes.

Still waiting on my springs and I'm trying to decide if I should take the plunge on a new set of tires. I'm leaning towards the 40" LTB's. Ive heard good things about them and they won't see too many miles on the street. (Not a trailer queen, its just not my daily driver. I do drive to where I wheel.) Plus they are affordable for a 40. The ground hawgs have been starting to let me down lately.

I did start to break down the dana yesterday. Sorry no pics of that. I had limited time and dirty hands with no one to take pics for me. Plus Im sure everybody has seen a dana anyway.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Any new progress?

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet. Ive been working long days this week and the rears are at the inlaws house because I don't have the room at my house. I will be there tomorrow night to work on the dana a little more. Plus Im still waiting on my springs. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Any updates?

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any updates?
Impatient much? :toothless

The only update I have is that my springs are on backorder until the 29th. Im thinking about hitting up the u pull it on my day off and grabbing some stock springs so I can at least mock it up until my springs get here.

I should have the dana back together this sunday, including the hubs, bearings, seals, u joints, brakes and steering. Ill let you know how it goes.

·
Registered
389 Posts
:goodfinge I'm living vicariously through you because my project is like a year out lol.

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,025 Posts
Impatient much? :toothless

The only update I have is that my springs are on backorder until the 29th. Im thinking about hitting up the u pull it on my day off and grabbing some stock springs so I can at least mock it up until my springs get here.

I should have the dana back together this sunday, including the hubs, bearings, seals, u joints, brakes and steering. Ill let you know how it goes.
Just make sure your parts are off of the wifes doiley's on the coffee table at this point, or the build could take a hard right.:beer

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just make sure your parts are off of the wifes doiley's on the coffee table at this point, or the build could take a hard right.:beer
Haha. No more parts on the doileys.

I had a little bit of progress over the weekend. Amazon either sent the wrong hubs or had them listed wrong so I found a decent set of used ones. I got all the bearings and seals replaced. Hubs rotors and calipers are on. Im not going to go crazy to sandblast everything because its mostly a woods truck. I am going to hit it with a wire wheel and paint it up. As you can see Im going to run half inch spacers.

Test fit the wheel and I will have to do very little grinding on the caliper.

And now shes srw

Oh and a hammer to the thumb while trying to replace the axle shaft u joints. I thought it was broken but a quick er trip showed it was just a bone bruise. Got back and finished the job.

It doesn't look as bad in the picture as it did when it first happened.

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 152 Posts