Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

101 - 120 of 151 Posts

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
U said u did the Chevy 3\4 ton brakes up front what lines did u use and how long were they. By the way looks great

Thank you. I used Skyjacker part #FBL29. They are for the K20 w/6-8" of lift. They had the same size fitting as the bronco lines so they screwed right into the hard lines. I don't remember the exact length but I think about 28".

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
After looking closer at part numbers, skyjacker fbl19 may be a better fit. It says they are for the k20 with 7200 GVWR. The fbl29 says for 8600 GVWR. The caliper and pads I used are for the 7200 but the fbl29 did fit and they don't leak.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Sweet thanks I bought the lugnut 4x4 brake kit and didn't get lines at the time so thanks for the info
Be glad you didn't order the lugnut4x4 lines. I did , they were only 18" long which isn't good for much lift or travel at all

·
Registered
37 Posts
So restarting this old thread lol. How'd your wheeling trip go? Anything break or close to it? How'd all the sky mounts hold up? Anything you would have done differently? Did you use OBS leafs or SD? Thanks :rockon

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
So restarting this old thread lol. How'd your wheeling trip go?
The trip was a blast. As you can see the truck looks a little bit different now.

Anything break or close to it?
Suspension wise, nothing broke.
The only issues I had were,
1. The trans kept popping out of park into reverse. Easy fix, Just adjust the linkage.

2. Lost my muffler and tailpipe. :doh0715:

3. Lost a turn signal lense.

4. Core support rotted out and the body lift puck went through it causing the body to have some serious gangsta lean as you can see in this pic. :histerica

How'd all the sky mounts hold up?
All the mounts held up great. Remember I never welded them on. Just bolted on. I was planning on welding them after the trip. I really don't think I need to.

Anything you would have done differently?
I like the setup I went with. It's a little bit of a rough ride but that's to be expected. The only thing I would change, which I might do in the future, is adjust the shackle angles a little bit.

I also eventually want to do crossover steering, gears and lockers.

Did you use OBS leafs or SD? Thanks :rockon
The rear is OBS F250 rear springs. The front are OBS F350 front springs. Not sure if they are from a gasser or diesel. Got them off of craigslist.

Honestly since the trip, I haven't touched the damn thing. I pulled it off the trailer and parked it. I did finally move it in my driveway today to start cleaning her up to go wheeling again soon. All summer was spent building the wife's Jeep up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
[/QUOTE]Honestly since the trip, I haven't touched the damn thing. I pulled it off the trailer and parked it. I did finally move it in my driveway today to start cleaning her up to go wheeling again soon. All summer was spent building the wife's Jeep up.
[/QUOTE]

Hey manit don't matter that you haven't touched it all summer, it's about makin the wife happy for awhile so you can blow money on your projects right? :rofl: jeep looks good too.

Thanks for your replies, I don't kno if I want to run OBS or SD springs for my build, and I know for sure now tht I'll be buying sky's sh*t:thumbup

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Looking good man. I have been seeing bigger trucks going to rausch lately I might have to give it a go as well.
Thanks man. Over the next week, I'm going to try to fix the body mounts and throw a steering stabilizer on. I ran into a little bit of wobble after the first day of trail riding in Rausch. I know I know, stabilizers aren't a fix, just a cover up, but I'm putting it on there for now anyway.

I don't really see any more Rausch Creek trips for me anytime soon. I might try for the roundup next year but not sure yet. If you do make it out there, take plenty of pics. :thumbup

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Hey manit don't matter that you haven't touched it all summer, it's about makin the wife happy for awhile so you can blow money on your projects right? :rofl: jeep looks good too.
Haha, true! Thanks, I like how the Jeep turned out. Believe it or not it actually handles great on the road for what it is on bias ply tires. It's my wifes everyday driver.

Thanks for your replies, I don't kno if I want to run OBS or SD springs for my build, and I know for sure now tht I'll be buying sky's sh*t:thumbup
I don't have any experience with SD springs so I won't be any help to you there. And I stand by skys products. Everything fit great and is beefy as hell. There shipping prices are a little on the high side in my opinion though. If you do order from them, make sure you google search coupon codes. You can usually find a 10 or 20 percent off coupon.

·
Registered
37 Posts
There shipping prices are a little on the high side in my opinion though. If you do order from them, make sure you google search coupon codes. You can usually find a 10 or 20 percent off coupon.
This sure does help me, I didn't even think of the shipping, I was thinking in a damn near perfect world shipping would be free with stuff over 100$ like summit?

On a separate note, I know people were giving you sh*t about your i6, man I have one in my mud truck (mild build) with stock gears ?? and 40s but I sling them with no problem, I'll stand by my 300 any day of the year

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad to see yall are from jersey and go to rousch i havent been in years but once I complete my solid axle swap myself i would love to go to rousch with you guys im about 2-3 hours south in maryland but I have a 91 bronco ive been checking out prices on lift kits and it kinda of seemed pointless when im going to do a lift kit but if you really used 5" in the front and 6" in the back back wow thats massive height what year d60 did your parts come out of and did you have to change the pitman arm out on the steering gear for one that sat lower or? and did the tie rods and all work off of the donor truck i know its gonna get expensive but I would like to know everything i can about this im new to the bronco work mostly working on my girls mustang but your write up is freaking awesome and do you think id be fine spinning a good amount of power and 37s with the stock 8.8 but build or is it worth it to get the 10.25 ive seen alot of builds or would even the 9" work to make it 8 lug and same pattern

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Glad to see yall are from jersey and go to rousch i havent been in years but once I complete my solid axle swap myself i would love to go to rousch with you guys im about 2-3 hours south in maryland but I have a 91 bronco ive been checking out prices on lift kits and it kinda of seemed pointless when im going to do a lift kit but if you really used 5" in the front and 6" in the back back wow thats massive height
Rausch was a good time, but I'm not sure when I will ever get back out there.

For the rear, the F250 springs give you about 3" more height than the bronco springs. And on the front, just doing the F350 leaf spring swap nets you about 4" of lift over a bronco. So with the 6" hangers in the back and 5" reverse shackle kit up front, I have about 9" of suspension lift. And it has a 4" body lift.

what year d60 did your parts come out of and did you have to change the pitman arm out on the steering gear for one that sat lower or? and did the tie rods and all work off of the donor truck
If I remember correctly, it came from an 86 dually. I had to swap the hubs to a srw. I first had a 6" rough country lift before the swap and I was able to still use the pitman arm from that kit. Bolted right up. No modifications. I replace all the tie rods and everything with new, but stock F350 stuff. All of it bolted up. I eventually want to do crossover steering but for now it works.

i know its gonna get expensive but I would like to know everything i can about this im new to the bronco work mostly working on my girls mustang but your write up is freaking awesome
Thanks man. It can get pricey. Feel free to ask me anything you want. Also check out some of the other builds. A lot of these guys know far more than I do.

and do you think id be fine spinning a good amount of power and 37s with the stock 8.8 but build or is it worth it to get the 10.25 ive seen alot of builds or would even the 9" work to make it 8 lug and same pattern
I think the 8.8 will be fine with 37's. I ran 40's on my welded 8.8 for 2 years and never had a problem. Other guys might tell you different though. If you are planning on a one ton 60, I would recommend throwing the sterling in there anyway, so the match up. I wouldn't even bother with a 9". The 8.8 is just as strong in my opinion.

Good luck with it man. :thumbup

·
Registered
1 Posts
IMO with 10" of lift with a bronco its probably a good idea to cut off the perches and twist the axle a bit, if nothing else at least the rear, first time I crawled under a bronco I couldn't believe how short and angled the shafts were. Then again I'm comparing to longer wheel base vehicles I've only owned trucks. I know some one with a blazer on 44's and he had to alter both the front and rear axles for that
He has to be careful about twisting it to far. I did that with my bronco and i twisted it to far and now it clears everything just fine but its sucks going down the road. The thing to do is shave the yokes down a little to get more clearance. That's what I'm about to do so my Bronco drives better going down the road.

·
Registered
411 Posts
^ if you turn the front rear the right way which includes adjusting the c's there would not be any issues on the road. The key would be keeping the c's to stock angle as you pivot everything else. It's not easy but at a certain point its going to need to be done. Doing it to the rear on the other hand isn't so bad.
But I do agree, if you over turn the rears it would be just as bad.

101 - 120 of 151 Posts