Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

141 - 151 of 151 Posts

·
Why do you want to see my
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
So i haven't done much the past week or two. But i did get tired of looking at the blue so i changed it up a bit. Its just a crappy spray can job. No prep work. Lol. Hoping by this time next year body work will be done and it will get a professional paint job.

Also ordered ebay black housing clear lense headlights.

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Holy crap, FINALLY! its about time the aftermarket finally started making housings!

How do they fit? Are they any good or junk?
Theres actually a few different options you can get. Not a bad price either.
They fit pretty decent. Bolted right in. No modifications needed. They even came with the bulb retainers which mine were missing. I havent adjusted them yet or even turned on the headlights yet. But i think they look pretty good. Especially with the gray now.

Attachments

·
ate lug
88 + 96 broncos, 96 F250
8,515 Posts
I found 5 different styles. Clear/chrome & clear/black, and then 3 variants of the DRL: clear/chrome, clear/black, and smoke/black. Not a big fan of the DRLs but i like the ones you got.

i cant decide if i want them though; i know the XLs didnt have the trim around the housings, but i feel like these are lacking something by not having the trim there.

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
I know what you mean about the trim. Definitely looks like its missing something. Mine needed to be replaced and i thought these were decent for the price. I also have a set of old school smoke headlight covers that i will be painting to match the body. So during the day, not going to be able to see the headlights anyway. Lol. And i have slotted taillight covers thatll be going on.

Im going to replace the led lights with 6" round lights and kc covers. Also putting the factory bumper back on with a brush guard and wrap around headlight guards. If i could find a warn enforcer that would be awesome. Trying to go to the old school 90's lifted truck look.

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
Took an inch off the body lift today. I had stacked blocks. 3" and 1" prior. Also put in new lmc body mounts but i am a little confused. I got all new lower mount hardware and the upper mount hardware for the rear 4 body mounts (#30 and #35). Now i have poly bushings and the upper mounts dont fit through them. Has anybody used lmc hardware with poly bushings that could help me out a little? Also should i have ordered # 14 and 22? It says upper cushion so is that hardware and bushing combined? How would that work if im running poly bushings?

Also found my brake leak. Rear wheel cylinder. Now i have a complete disc brake swap. Still up in the air if i want to do the swap or not. Or do i sell it and just rebuild the drums.

·
3,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Decided to try to figure out why i cant start it with the key. Been like that for years. Gets power but no crank. Will work by jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver. Currently have a push button hooked up. New ignition switch and tumbler. Actuator rod isnt broken. Solenoid was replaced a few years ago and still not working. Im going to put a better quality solenoid on and if thats still not it, i think its probably the neutral safety switch. Of course i have a c6 with a 6 pin switch which you cannot find now. 🤷‍♂️

141 - 151 of 151 Posts