Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 8.8 out of a 89 150 it has 4.11 out of factory although i have replaced them once.I am thinking about using it in my 96 bronco when i lift it.Is the tone ring the same in both axles or is it different becouse of the ratio difference?If it is different will it keep the speedometer correct ,or will i still have to change the computer settings?Also,when i rebuilt this axle i put a auburn L.s. in it,I ran the truck a year then it started making a loud popping or banging noise when i would make a gradual turn.I took the axle out and replaced it thinking the L.s. was shot.I now remembered that i didnt put any Ls additive in the oil,Will changing the oil fix it or are the clutches wore out?If they are wore out can i unload them by removing the clutch springs?Or should i remove the ring and pinion from it and install it in my 96 axle?What do you guys think?Sorry for the long post but i realy need to decide if this axle is worth using or not .Thanks Bo.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.