Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so heres the deal, i have a 94 bronco, 351w, xlt, with a 3in body lift and 33's. i recently found a 89' bronco, v6, with a 6in suspension lift and some sick 38.5 boggers. now this truck is awsome, upgraded 9.9, full leafs (no blocks). the lift is rough country. so basically the only thing stopping me from buying it, besides the price (1200 for an otherwise POS), is that i need to know if the lift and suspension parts are all around the same. from what i can tell it is, the hubs are auto like mine, all the stuff looks in the same place. i just want to be sure before i buy it, i hope to get it down to about 700 b4 i do. and if it does go thrught im gunna post tons of picks and info about the entire process, im gunna do this RIGHT. no halfin it this time. im really excited about this and i hope it works. thanks for any help. :toothless

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
1. broncos did not come with v6's 2. nor did they come with 9.9s? what ever that is...but yes the lift kits are pretty much standard between the two years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. broncos did not come with v6's 2. nor did they come with 9.9s? what ever that is...but yes the lift kits are pretty much standard between the two years.
ok guy, 1. yes they did, they came with 4.6 liter v6. and 2. a 9.9 is a rear axle found most commonly these days on new f 150's. and yes older broncos come with them. they use to come with tons of cool old stuff, but emissions and fuel economy become too important.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
ok guy, 1. yes they did, they came with 4.6 liter v6. and 2. a 9.9 is a rear axle found most commonly these days on new f 150's. and yes older broncos come with them. they use to come with tons of cool old stuff, but emissions and fuel economy become too important.
NO STOCK Bronco came with a v6 unless it was a Bronco 2 or shoehorned in there. Broncos came with 8.8s, and 9 inch rearends, at least as far as 80-96 goes.

KC

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
ok guy?...you better do a little more research before you open your mouth again, find me a pic of a bronco with a 4.6 v6.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok guy?...you better do a little more research before you open your mouth again, find me a pic of a bronco with a 4.6 v6.
seriously im not trying to start a war out here i just want info on my suspension. but if i must prove myself right go onto KBB.com and go through the options until you get to the engine class, hell go to any 4x4 site and do it, its up there. but i really just want info on the suspension. i know what engine it has. its an L6 4.6 300 CI.

·
Administrator
2012 Jeep JKU
22,859 Posts
KBB is not a reliable source, I know I use it every friggn day. and if you had bothered to even read you will see i already answered your question on the suspension.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,192 Posts
It is also 4.9L
Hey, I was just givin' him a lil' benifit of the doubt that just maybe, that he hit the 6 key on accident. :rofl::toothless

At least in that post he got the displacment right.

KC

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i thought it was v but then i found out inline my bad :duh, but i did know it was a 4.9. but w/e about the engine. i just want suspension info!!:thumbup

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
This guy is awesome. I want to buy the 9.9 rear axle

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
As red said, the lift should be the same. For somebody saying you can get information from any 4 wheel site out there you sure don't look. Any 4 wheel parts site could show you lift kits are for 80-96 which would imply they are the same. The only lift kits that are different are 78/79 because they are solid axles.

Is it really going to be worth the money and time to buy this truck just to get a used lift that only costs $700-$800 brand new? I'd say find a used kit, just buy a new kit and don't deal with all the crap and the chance of needing to buy new shocks anyway, or better yet spend that money on getting a decent parts rig with a lift kit and much better axles. Anyhow, just a suggestion. Do whatever you want with your money.

·
Registered
605 Posts
It's hysterically common for people who are lacking in automotive knowledge to say they have a "V"6 because that's what they are most subjected to in today's marketing campaigns.
Most are unaware of the inline 6, straight 6, L6, etc., and have no clue as to what the "v" designation refers to.
I guess I can kinda see why they do it and most will accept the fact that they are wrong when corrected.
However, I learned today that it's absolutely hilarious to hear one of them argue about it...:histerica

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
You can get a used lift for 400 or less, it might even fit that 9.9 axle you've got under there.:toothless How many lugs do you have, 7?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts