Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a parts bronco, looking at selling the axles but I have no idea what they are worth. Are they Dana 40's or 44's on an 89? TIA

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a D44 TTB (twin traction beam or twin I beam) set up. Not worth a whole lot compared to a solid axle dana 44. It may have been swapped, but most likely not.

The d44 TTB expect maybe $50-$100, for the solid axle I'd say worth could be anywhere from $50-$400 or more depending on if anything aftermarket.

***This is the TTB***
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/images/d44ttb1.jpg

***This is the solid Axle***
http://www.watrd.com/mods/images/d44axle.jpg

so best case, $100 for each axle? or is that $100 for both? How would I tell if it was a solid axle Dana 44?

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Easy the solid one will have a removable diff cover not bolts just threaded in, also solid will look like the rear axle with spindles at the end to allow the tires to steer.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
so best case, $100 for each axle? or is that $100 for both? How would I tell if it was a solid axle Dana 44?
$100 for the front axle, most likely the rear is a 8.8.

the links I posted, the first one shows you what the TTB looks like, the 2nd link shows you what the solid axle looks like.

http://www.4wheelnoffroad.com/axle.html#Ford
scroll down. the first block is a ford 7.5 (which is on rangers + bronco II's) the second one below it will show you what the 8.8 looks like. The 8.8 in good working condition could be worth upwards of $200, but prob worth $100 or so.Get 6 or 7 more posts, and just kinda price things out in the for sale section and go from there.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I used to part out niche type cars and make some extra $$ but I can tell you parting out vehicles and getting good prices is hard to do with the economy. It has been on a 2 or 3 year down turn. With increased shipping costs it got hard enough to make good $$ that I gave up.

FWIW I just picked up an entire front 44 TTB from an 86 Bronco lockout to lockout for 40 bucks. And was given a 8.8 with broken spiders inside the open carrier.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I used to part out niche type cars and make some extra $$ but I can tell you parting out vehicles and getting good prices is hard to do with the economy. It has been on a 2 or 3 year down turn. With increased shipping costs it got hard enough to make good $$ that I gave up.

FWIW I just picked up an entire front 44 TTB from an 86 Bronco lockout to lockout for 40 bucks. And was given a 8.8 with broken spiders inside the open carrier.

I'm not so much trying to make money in the long term, I would just like to recoup some money from buying an entire poorly running rusty a$$ bronco for parts. $400.oo isnt too bad considering the parts I am going to use and if I can make some money off the parts I dont need great. On top of that I will have a significant stock of spares. Two trucks to make one isnt the correct way to do it but in this case it works.

·
Premium Member
1,713 Posts
I'm not so much trying to make money in the long term, I would just like to recoup some money from buying an entire poorly running rusty a$$ bronco for parts. $400.oo isnt too bad considering the parts I am going to use and if I can make some money off the parts I dont need great. On top of that I will have a significant stock of spares. Two trucks to make one isnt the correct way to do it but in this case it works.

For sure...A parts car is always the way to go if you have the room...
I was just saying that it's getting hard to re-coup money that way....At least compared to a few years ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts