Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a question for ya guys, when i start the bronc up, she'll idle for about 5 minutes and then after that i hear a gurgling noise and oil starts pouring out of the oil pan at the oil plug. wat could be wrong?

thanks

·
Call an amberlamps!
1,349 Posts
ive got a question for ya guys, when i start the bronc up, she'll idle for about 5 minutes and then after that i hear a gurgling noise and oil starts pouring out of the oil pan at the oil plug. wat could be wrong?

thanks
Put the plug back in... :duh

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
LOL, that can taken the wrong way...

So the oil is comeing out from around the Plug? Try replaceing the plug with a new one, you can pick them up cheap and any auto parts store, or even cheaper at a dismantlers.
or replace the gasket.

·
Kitteh Commandaar!
4,191 Posts
Are the threads striped?
Is the threads wore/rounded out?

PCV valve working? I agree that you need to replace the plug...when I say replace, I mean new...

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
If the threads are stripped, I am pretty sure that someone makes a self-tapping insert that can but put in place, and that it contains a newer but perhaps smaller plug. I have never seen it, just heard of it.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
If the threads are stripped, I am pretty sure that someone makes a self-tapping insert that can but put in place, and that it contains a newer but perhaps smaller plug. I have never seen it, just heard of it.
I have seen them, they are a PITA. If you have to go that route put thead lock on the bottom plug.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts