Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 89 bronco i recently had my AOD rebuilt but its always made this grinding sound that comes from a area near the transmision but i cant figure out whats going on is it my transfer case ive taken it back to the shop and had the tranny torn down and everything looks good so what could it be ?:banghead

·
Registered
200 Posts
how loud of grinding sound? with or without 4wd engaged? what part of transmission? front or back or side?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when its not in 4wd and it sounds like its coming from the front more maybe a little to the side

·
Registered
200 Posts
Sounds like the starter maybe.... Crank it up, grab a wood broom handle, place one end against suspected noise and place the other end against ur ear.... (or be fancy and go get a stethoscope.:.. Wood handle works better IMO... U just got the trams done sounds like starter needs to be shimmed..

·
Registered
3,631 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
welcome to FSB, may get the answer to your question if you post it in the noobie section. but sounds like the starter is staying engaged or fly wheel is hitting the starter housing. may need shimming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts