Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crusher Mike
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just went to oregon and bought an 89 with a 302. The thing ran great until we hit LA california then it lost power and died. after Pulling the fuel pump relay, cleaning it then putting it back in it ran fine all the way to az. When we got here we replace the relay and fuel filter (which contents were a dull grey) and changed the airfilter. All was well and then the same thing happened Almost like we ran outta gas. after letting the truck sit for about 30 mins it started back up. so we replaced the Plugs, wires, Cap Rotor and put in a new fuel regulator and a New gas cap. now it runs great but when you get on it it still cuts out and dies when you get back off it its fine it will sit and Idle all day. I did notice one thing I cant hear the high pressure pump anymore I can hear the low pressure pump Kick on then stop like normal. my question is would it do this if the High pressure pump went bad??

thanks guys

·
Former owner of Shadofax
17,026 Posts
the '95 is a bit different but that is EXACTLY what my pump started doing when it finally wasn't pushing the required pressure. Those symptoms only occured at high altitude or when real hot. Once it sat awhile I could resume driving it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts