Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 1989 bronco with the 351 Windsor in I purchased it about a week ago and drive it from Maryland to New Jersey along the way if I stopped the engine would cut off and I’m not sure why but I could always start it back up. As I was pulling into my driveway it died and I was unable to start it. It will crank and try to fire but won’t start up. I checked the spark plugs and can hear the fuel pump switching on and I also replaced the fuel filter.I also checked the fuel pressure and it was fine. Today I realized that it can crank without the key even in the ignition and just manually turning the ignition where you put the key. Could this be related to the problem of it cranking but not starting or is that a whole new issue?
Update: I had a friend that’s a mechanic check it out. He says the starter is shorted out and the ignition switch needs to be replaced to find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: forgot to say that the fuel pump does shut off after about 2-3 seconds so I don’t think it’s from the relay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts