Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
89 Eddie Bauer Lifted 6" on 35" A/T's - Rebuilt Motor - Running/Moving Parts Truck

PRICE IS $1000 FIRM -- PRICE IS $1000 FIRM -- PRICE IS $1000 FIRM

Ok so long story short, I was selling this bronco for $2700 a few months ago. It was my daily driver and my weekend woods warrior. About a month ago, the driver rear leaf spring hanger broke, and the leaf spring went through the floor. Its more than repairable, it needs a new hanger ear that comes off the frame (in 4 bolts) and a small piece of the rear floor pan welded, probably only 6 inches or so. The truck still runs/drives and is still currently registered and insured, and I still drive it every so often to keep it alive. Literally, the total repair bill would be $250-$400 for a new hanger + labor, and if you took it to my mechanic probably only $150-$200. I now have too many toys to maintain repair bills on, plus insurance and a car payment. Right now I have 2 lifted trucks, a car, and a street bike so one of the toys has to go, and unfortunately its this one.

I purchased this bronco for $2500 about 6 months ago, put equally as much into repairs and maintenance, and again I no longer have the want to make this into a bigger truck (I have a 250 now). I'm the most honest out right guy, and if there is anything here that I don't cover feel more than welcome to ask. What you see is what you get...

Some Info on the the truck
-1989 Eddie Bauer Bronco
-6" Rough country lift
-Brand new 6" Lift specific skyjacker hydro shocks
-35"x12.5"x16.5" BFG All-Terrains (Made it through all 3 huge snow storms, not stuck once) Rears are 80%, fronts are 95%
-Rebuilt 5.0 Motor with 40,xxx miles rebuilt by previous owner (who can confirm this with you if you don't believe, and cluster matches motor mileage)
-AOD trans with shift kit (not sure which, but its got a firm crisp shift, the c6 is being bought by a friend)
-Brand new exhaust from manifold collectors back, New cats, and cut muffler. Side exit in front of passenger rear tire.
-Replaced 8.8 rear axle with used, its another posi unit so no 1-tire fire BS.
-Replaced rear driveshaft
-Also comes with spare ford 9" rear axle from 1978 bronco (complete from drum to drum, was plannin on running 37s-38s after installed)
-New front brakes
-New starter
-New water pump
-New battery
-New Oil sump
-Replaced both valve cover gaskets
-Replaced upper AND lower intake manifold gaskets (had to replace VC gaskets, so 2 birds with 1 stone here...)
-Replaced rear main seal
-New passenger + tailgate window motors
-New ford OEM auto locking hubs (push button on the fly 4x4)
-New vacuum lines
-Oil was changed like 5x since I've owned it, and I've probably owned it about 10k miles.
-Also comes with spare tire same size as the rest, same brand and all. Little balding but usable.
-Full size spare BFG Mud terrain on the rear on black wagon wheel (also balding). It doesn't currently hold air for long distances, but will for awhile until you can get to a shop. I believe the rust on the inside of the rim may be the reason. 2 mins with a SOS pad and an air hose it'll reseal the bead.

----->I'm sure there is still more, but thats about all i can think of at the moment....

What the Truck Needs:
-The timing re-set. the timing jumped a few degrees, and while it doesn't need to be fixed right away, just putting up front. The idle gets worse after driving, and in the heat it runs horrible.
-Alignment
-Probably new shocks for the front (little bit rough when you hit bumps)
-New steering box (Leaks a little bit, and steering wheel has a little bit of play)
-New bolts for door panels
-New bolts for the top
-Power locks hooked back up (Power windows still work)
-Harness going to the neutral safety switch on the transmission to engage 4-Low. 4-High works. If this bothers you, I will buy the new "Shiftster" transfer case converter, so it goes from auto to manual transfer case. Anyone who knows the shift on the fly fords, will tell you that the electrical problems are common for shift on the fly systems. I planned to convert it, but I never took this truck through serious mud so I had no use for 4Lo. Believe me, 4hi does work, and again it took this truck through all snow storms, not stuck once.
-Driver side window motor

will entertain a trade possibly, if you have a little POS economy car, a hot tub, or will entertain offers of equivalent worth. I also have a 79 F250, so I am interested in a FRONT Dana 60 rear from 77-79 + cash (no d60's from 1980+ I dont feel like moving my spring hangers), Also interested in E-Locker, or Air Locker for D70 rear from Dodge W350's, or any tires 39"+ and may even be willing to add cash on top if you have something of decent value.

Any questions feel free to shoot me a ring or text, I work 830-5pm on MON-FRI so texting is usually best during those hours, but can get phone calls, and can check vm's every so often.

----NICK @ 856 745 1817
No time for bullshitters. I'm very busy, and if you don't have cash in hand, or equivalent trade, don't bother.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
You'd make more parting it out but I'm sure you dont want to do that so consider this a free bump

*And if you want to part it out....I'm interested.* Just sayin

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well whats parts would you possibly be interested in that would be worth the shipping to Georgia?

If no one bites on this then yea i'll part it out. But I'm trying to get rid of it as a whole first.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
pm sent

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sale pending today, let you guys know by weds. and interior is in great condition.

·
FSB's Dirty Jersian
3,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold. Thanks for the inquiries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts