Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Guys.
Hope you can help me- I went to the JY today looking for an extra 8-spoke wheel to replace the crummy stock spare tire rim with.
The woman behind the counter didn't know squat if she couldn't punch something on her computer, and she said they didn't have an 89 FSB EB there.
I'm thinking these wheels were stock for a number of years? Anyone know what years they might have been used, and if on anything other than FSBs?
I'm trying to come up with options she can use without getting off her fat butt, cause she clearly won't.
Thanks!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Hi, Guys.
Hope you can help me- I went to the JY today looking for an extra 8-spoke wheel to replace the crummy stock spare tire rim with.
The woman behind the counter didn't know squat if she couldn't punch something on her computer, and she said they didn't have an 89 FSB EB there.
I'm thinking these wheels were stock for a number of years? Anyone know what years they might have been used, and if on anything other than FSBs?
I'm trying to come up with options she can use without getting off her fat butt, cause she clearly won't.
Thanks!

Don't know about the 8 spoke but any 80-96 D44 from a Bronco or F150 is going to have a 5x5.5 lug pattern, actually I even think the 78-79 have the same lug pattern. Also some older model XJ jeeps and Scouts had the 5X5.5 lug pattern. Just go look at broncos and F150s, find a wheel you like and use that one.

Best advice I can give you is talk to someone who knows what they are talking about though. I find it strange that someone who works at a JY doesn't know to look up other broncos or F150s for wheels.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have the same question seeing as my spare is a bit smaller than my OEM rims. So what your saying is ALL five bolt patterns from 87-92's ford truck and broncs are 5.5's ??

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Every stock Bronco since creation has a lug pattern of 5x5.5

·
I did all for the Nookie
7,252 Posts
Also to include many full size pre-1978 Ford,Lincoln, & Mecury cars Examples: LTD, Country Squire, Town car, Contential, Grand Marquis, & Colony Park ect......

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found it

I think you will find the 8 spokes on any f150/Bronco from 87 - 92 that have steel painted rims
That got it done! I found one on an F-150 at the JY in pretty good shape, and even got the cap with it.

Thanks all, for the help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts