Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The guy I bought this FSB from says the windows dont work. He said it was a relay or something, he doesnt know what hes talking about. To be honest, I dont either, cause Ive never worked on electric windows before!

I *must* get them working before I take it for inspection (or it will fail), what is the most common problems? (I doubt both switches are bad) If you can be somewhat detailed it would help, like where such and such a part would be located and what it looks like, etc.. etc..

Thanks millions to all that can help solve this problem!

Andrew

PS
Keep in mind right now, I dont have the truck in my driveway yet, and it needs another engine (Lined up for next week), and the battery in it is dead, its in they guys driveway so theres not much I can do right away.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didnt see anything for an '89 power window, did I miss it? I promise, I looked! :shrug

Andrew

PS
In Va. windows have to operate, for emergency egress, to pass inspection.

·
Registered
24 Posts
did you look to see if the fuse was good?????from there i would look for power at the switch. if thats good maybe a bad ground??from there i would CARFULLY try and jump the switch to see if i could get it to work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks WeldorBuilderBob! ;)

As soon as I get the bitch on the road, Ill check the basics first, and then take it to the shop! :banghead HAHA!

Fuse sounds most likely, but Ive got terrible luck, its probly two toasted window motors! :mad:

Thanks!
Andrew

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
in mine, the gears got stripped and one window would only go down. have you tried the windows at all?

·
OUCH!!
1,044 Posts
:iissVirginia

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery is tombstone, havent even gotten a new one to put in yet, Im going off what the previous owner said. Ill keep you advised...

:iiss Broncomx

:eek:

Andrew

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Steve!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
take the door panel off and hit the motor with a big wrench until the window goes up :toothless

seriously, mine go out about once every six months...

·
Registered
138 Posts
The windows motors have 3 nylon bushings in them that act like a bearing of sort. These break apart and jam up the motor which make it act like its not getting power. Sometimes you wont hear anything comming from the windows at all. You can get the kit to repair at pepboys for less than $30. Cheaper at other stores. You have to drill or chisel off the rivets that hold the window motor in place. Then just use nuts and bolts to put it back together. I had to do this to my passenger window. Hope this helps. Also, you may want to put power to the window motor itself. Hook it up 1 way and it goes up, hook it up the other way and it goes down. Simple.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts