Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys sorry but I couldn't find this in search, A freind broke an axle in a 9" and also broke his gear case and his gears we are trying to determine if the detroit is ok. Vehicle is actually a EB but it has 31 spline detroit. He took it apart ( I was working on something else at the time didn't help him) to get the axle out (broke at the splines) then put it back together and put new gears in. I need an exploded diagram of the 9" detroit if anyone has one, and some advice. It makes the ratcheting sound that you would expect a little more often than you would expect and a little louder, the owner says he never heard this sound before so he wants to take it apart again and look at it and make sure he put it together right. Thanks for the help guys :thumbup

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Whenever I need a diagram of something, Steve's superford link is bookmarked in my browser... You're my diagram savior! :thumbup

·
Sway's jealous of my
2,856 Posts
I hear that if you break it at the splines..the detroit will trash. I think somebody brought this up a little bit ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
your basic classic replaces the carrier 9" detroit locker. It is not a Detroit EZ or an electrac or a trac lock. I do not know the part number as it is not mine

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow thanks guys all that was posted whilst I was typing my reply to bronco and bombs you guys ROCK:rockon :rockon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.