Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone make a selectable locker for the 9 inch rear, dont have the budget for ARB
other options are Detroit or Powertrax locker...deff not spool

truck isnt a daily driver but'll see 100 miles a week or more... i want to be daily drivable for when my stang is being worked on.

i running either 4.11 or 4.56's in the rear, havent found out which yet.

·
Southeast Utah Native
919 Posts
I have a NASCAR version of the Detroit in mine and other than being loud it is really great. I can drive it on the road all I want. The only real difference between what I have and the Detroit most people get is the bushings in mine are metal where they are nylon in most, thus the louder locker that many think is a u joint that is bad on my truck.

I have a 9" rear axle because buying it geared properly and already locked was cheaper than a Detroit for the 8.8 that was originally there.

I suspect that any kind of selectable locker will be about as much as any other. I'll know for sure this winter when I get one for my front axle.

·
Registered
754 Posts
9" selectable?

does anyone make a selectable locker for the 9 inch rear, dont have the budget for ARB

truck isnt a daily driver but'll see 100 miles a week or more... i want to be daily drivable for when my stang is being worked on.

================
Give up looking the only selectable is the ARB and it is avail for 35 spline and less. The only opeions are a limited slip or the ARB. Detroit might meet your needs. If you have less of a demand for traction get a trutrac.
Paul

·
Registered
95 Posts

Eaton makes electric lockers for the 9" I believe.
I have a lock right in my '95 and it's pretty streetable. If you're going to use it off-road avoid the trutrac like the plague, it's not much better than a factory TracLoc. If you're going to get a full diff, get a Detroit

Greg

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
I ran one of those nascar detroits in my bronco when I had the nine. broke 3 thirds, but the locker kept on running without issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.