Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what the width of a 78/79 bronco 9" is? How about the 8.8, anyone know what that width is? I picked up a junkyard 9 and it looks like it may be to wide. From axle mounting flange to axle mounting flange it measures 63 inches, add another 4" for wms and i'm looking at 67 inches, is this going to be too wide?

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Man i hope so...i was all excited till i started measuring. Well, if it is to wide i guess i'll just have to go with extended beams. :doh0715:

·
Registered
26 Posts
9in

I got a direct replacement 9in rear end housing from Currie for my 86 Ford Bronco and it is 62" from Flange to Flange. I had an 8.8 in the bronco but I bent it twice. I ended up getting the Currie 9in with a full truss.

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,598 Posts
its gonna be adjusted later when you make it a FF right??

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hmmm...I picked up a Dually D80 a while back and it's 74" :shocked :doh0715: Gunna have to do some hacking with custom axle shafts...

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got a direct replacement 9in rear end housing from Currie for my 86 Ford Bronco and it is 62" from Flange to Flange. I had an 8.8 in the bronco but I bent it twice. I ended up getting the Currie 9in with a full truss.
Is that from the axle mounting flange?

·
Registered
26 Posts
width

Is that from the axle mounting flange?

Yes that is the flange where the brakes and axle plates bolt to the tubes.

I was putting new leaf spring perches on the rear end to git rid of the angle blocks, so I had to redo the housing pinion angle. I was cleaning the housing and the original width marker was still under all that grime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts