Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help - need to replace the ignition "actuator"? It broke when it was freezing outside and i tried starting the bronco. i have a tilt wheel. I have the turn signal swith off and the ignition part of the column. I can see where it goes but can't get to it without pulling the next part of the column off - i need to pull the part with the bearing in it but i'm not sure how it is attached. I see "looks like a screw hole" on each side where it attaches to the part below - is it pressed on? do i need a special tool? need help

·
Driving Stuff Henry Built
-90 xlt, 351w, e4od, man 1356, 3.55, sag, warn hubs, 35s. -73, 400, np435, d20j twin, 35s
8,181 Posts
Here's some links. I think Link #3 by bronco boy is your best friend. Check out the posts throughout the thread for additional special tools & info. In Post 11 of Link #2 Sixlitre tells how to get it started in the meantime.
Steering, Column & Ignition Actuator
1-Steering shaft u-joint Audra
2-actuator help broncrog -Info from Sixlitre & Steve 83. Also info about the top secret tilt column.
3-Ignition Actuator Replacement on an '85 w/tilt (not 56k friendly) bronco boy
4-Clock Spring Removal and Installation mashori
5-Borgeson steering shaft tigertrack
6-Pulling steering column, tilt, on a 90? how to? 90Bronco33s
7-Ignition lock cylinder rekeying amtarsha -How to make your old key work in a new cylinder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts