Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First I would like to say how much I have enjoyed this site, and ALL of the helpful members - hopefully I will be able to add some additional ideas/insight to other members with my resoration/custom build of my 91 FSB XLT 351W - dress in Black with Oxblood Red interior.

I have some big changes to make, to bring her back to the original luster - and some select upgrade to help make her better..

I found her sitting in a field - the PO tried starting on an empty tank - could not get her going so he drained the radiator and let her sit. Other than the front bumper she is complete with a 3in body lift and 33x12.5 VERY worn tires - and dropped him to 7 bills - loaded her up and left.

New parts on order/ready to install - water pump, thermostat, serp belt, hood latches/hood springs, carpet, cables, silicone hoses, vacuum lines, fuel filter, fuel hose -etc..

Underside prior to power washing:

Already prepping to bring back the black luster - LUCKILY NO real rust spots - just minor on the frame....

The intrior had crap all through it -

Interior will be finished out in Oxblood Red and Black - for the moment keeping the stock seats - just rebuilt and covered - probably micro suede - carpet red, door panels/dash/trim in red with Black accents.

Will drop the body kit from the 3in in half and add a 2 - 3 in suspension lift - not sure if I will keep the 15's or go to a 16 - maybe 34 or 35's - black/red custom rims...

Will get rid of the chrome trim as well...

Have to re-route the trans cooler -

So there is my new baby - nope no names yet - but working on them - hopefully two or three boxes of parts will be sitting at my door when I get home - pre-lubed the cylinders the other day - turned over real easy - have new ignition, cap, wires, plus, filters and fluids ready to go - dropping tank the weekend - with the 100 degree days - work is limited to early Sunday morning and a few hours in the evening... Underside is powerwashed, seats out, carpet out - giving a very good bath to start... Will keep the updates coming....
:beer

·
Registered
837 Posts
Nice and you will like the 5.8 over the 5.0. Are you planing to put the chrome trim around the headlights and grill?

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice and you will like the 5.8 over the 5.0. Are you planing to put the chrome trim around the headlights and grill?
no - grille will probably be a black billit and the chrome rings/mirrors replaced with a blacked out set - actually trying to reduce the amount of chrome as much as possible....

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To a point - certainly nothing is set in stone - but a good general plan..... seems everyday I want to just go home and work on her...

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,445 Posts
To a point - certainly nothing is set in stone - but a good general plan..... seems everyday I want to just go home and work on her...
Looks like a good project bronco. Keep this attitude man! There are plenty you can do to these rigs. I have been looking around and reading for 5 months and just now starting to customize things on mine. Open your wallet and run with it!

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks - the problem is getting my 11 and 8 year old out to help - it will probably be thiers for a short time....now the three year old - he ALWAYS wants to go out...but anyone with kids knows what that will lead to -:banghead

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YEA - received/bought yesterday - upper/lower hoses, fuel pump, hood brackets, knobs, controls, starter regulator, and MOST importantly my NEW Oxblood Red Carpet!!!! - hopefully will post pics this weekend - finish stripping out interior and prep for carpet install - drop fuel tank, and hopefully start her for the first time........

·
Registered
510 Posts
Looking forward to this. I think the brick nose Broncos look best in black. I'm jealous.
Keep us posted,
Tyler

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,445 Posts
YEA - received/bought yesterday - upper/lower hoses, fuel pump, hood brackets, knobs, controls, starter regulator, and MOST importantly my NEW Oxblood Red Carpet!!!! - hopefully will post pics this weekend - finish stripping out interior and prep for carpet install - drop fuel tank, and hopefully start her for the first time........
We like pictures and popup books here :toothless Remember that.

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Took a half day off today to tinker with the FSB....sorry no name yet...However I am open to suggestions....

Dropped the tank - heavy SOB had more gas than I thought...

skid plate prior to cleaning

before cleaning of the undercariage...

Got in my new carpet yesterday...

still taking out the old interior - having trouble with the shifter boot screws - hopefully i wont have to tap them out...

next steps - undercoating - paint subframe - replace fuel pump and hopefully start her in a week (or so)......:doh0715:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks like fun...That red interior is going to be tough to keep in good shape. It likes to fade.

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like fun...That red interior is going to be tough to keep in good shape. It likes to fade.
figured as much - luckily it will be red/black with very dark windows - hopefully it will help with the fading....:cool:

it's like christmas in September - rest of my parts arrived - waterpump, serp belt, bolts, etc......still waiting on the silicone hoses.... time to start bringing her back to "life" this weekend - fuel pump, and engine tune up - fluid flushes etc....hopefully next wekend be ready to crank her for the first time.......:goodfinge

·
ahhhh..... crap!!!
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Two things, first when installing carpet use the Texas heat to your advantage and let it sit out and warm up. Helps when molding it into interior shape. Just a thought on name "Black Beauty". That clear coat still wants to shine so bad. Keep up the good work.
Will do - i read that in a different thread as well....now that the majority of parts have come in - it's all about having time (and daylight) to get the engine parts replaced....

Already have the paint booth scheduled once she is driveable....can't wait to hear her run....hoopefully ALL downhill from here......

1 - 20 of 222 Posts