Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard something about a recall on the t-case for the '92-95 Broncos a while back or something. Anyone hear about that or have it racalled on their truck?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
If I have the black wire harness on my transfer case can I still go over to the Ford dealer and have them replace it for free?????

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,531 Posts
sweet, I had no idea about this recall, seems it came out a long ass time ago Im going to check out mine,

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Streetgang said:
If I have the black wire harness on my transfer case can I still go over to the Ford dealer and have them replace it for free?????
Just went downstairs and took a quick look.......I have a gray casing on the harness on my shift-motor.....so I guess it can stay put.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Streetgang said:
FAWK! I have the black wiring harness on mine too. :banghead Do I call my local FORD dealer and tell them about this? Or what & where and what if its too late for them to fix it? Would be nice to have a new t-case at 163,xxx miles though!!:rockon

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey, will be calling them soon. Just out of curiosity would a bad t-casecause any kind of weird vibration at say 45 55 65 mph?? Then I get off the gas and back on its find. Had to ask since the t-case is right behind the tranny then the drive shaft goes to the rear end.

Replaced the rear end,
replaced drive shaft with a used one,
rebuilt that one all new parts!
Bought a used torque converter $50
put it in, and still same thing.

other then that the truck runs and drive fine. I just drove it around the city today. nice day out here.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Steve83 said:
Yeah, Dustin & I can run your VIN, and I'm sure there are a few other FSBers who have access. You can e-mail it to me, or PM it to Dustin.
hey Steve pm sent.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol I dont care, I have a guy comming to check it out tomarrow. so it just may be sold.

On a lighter note, I found a '90 Bronco for sale. duh duh duh it has a new rebuilt 5 speed tranny! YEAH!!!!!!! the guys parents spent over $1,600 on the tranny and now the kid just inlisted for the army. The new tranny has maybe a few miles over a 100 on it now! They just want it gone
later boys!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts