Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Guys!?

I ran across a 91 Silver Anniversary bronco today.
Its pretty much trashed.

Tranny is prolly shot.
Had an engine fire on the right side, the HVAC box is burnt up along with other minor stuff. It was a small fire but a fire none the less!
One wing window is busted. The interior is trashed and is missing the back seat. Some lights are busted. He says the engine(5.8)ran fine when it caught fire. Good points is the body is straight and has really good tires, only one SA emblem is missing, the one on the fender.
He wants scrap value for it....500.00. Is it worth it?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sup Guys!?

I ran across a 91 Silver Anniversary bronco today.
Its pretty much trashed.

Tranny is prolly shot.
Had an engine fire on the right side, the HVAC box is burnt up along with other minor stuff. It was a small fire but a fire none the less!
One wing window is busted. The interior is trashed and is missing the back seat. Some lights are busted. He says the engine(5.8)ran fine when it caught fire. Good points is the body is straight and has really good tires, only one SA emblem is missing, the one on the fender.
He wants scrap value for it....500.00. Is it worth it?
apparently it's worth $500. So paying $500 sounds like you won't lose any money right? What are you planning to do with it?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My first bronco was a running driving 91 xlt that I paid $500 for. Run away from that thing unless you just need it for parts and even then I wouldn't pay more than $100 for it.

·
Banned
7,651 Posts
The value of an SA isn't in the engine, trans, HVAC, glass, or lights. It's in the body & interior, including the emblems.

I don't think an SA body without ALL the emblems & an incomplete interior is worth $500, unless you have someone lined up to buy them from you for more, including shipping. I'd find out what JY he's selling it to for $500, then go there, buy the emblems for $10, and put them on eBay for $50.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The value of an SA isn't in the engine, trans, HVAC, glass, or lights. It's in the body & interior, including the emblems.

I don't think an SA body without ALL the emblems & an incomplete interior is worth $500, unless you have someone lined up to buy them from you for more, including shipping. I'd find out what JY he's selling it to for $500, then go there, buy the emblems for $10, and put them on eBay for $50.
what I was thinking! I was just driving by when I saw it. I'll let this one go

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
unfortunately now days ,any car is worth a few hundred in scrap and people know it

around here ,the days of the $100 parts car are gone

even rusted to shit ones with not much good left on them
now have to pay at least scrap value for a parts car,really sucks

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
unfortunately now days ,any car is worth a few hundred in scrap and people know it

around here ,the days of the $100 parts car are gone

even rusted to shit ones with not much good left on them
now have to pay at least scrap value for a parts car,really sucks
Yeah, especially a 6000 lb Bronco. Scrap is way up. Around here if you are tossing anything made of metal, just set it on the curb and its gone in 20 min.

I did offer him 300.00 before he mentioned scraping it. 500 seemed a little high for scrap...dunno though

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" on 33's
36,648 Posts
My buddy was going to take his '84 down to the junk yard for $300. :shrug
Pretty standard scrap price around here... from a Toyota Corolla to an FSB.
Your area may vary. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
I would buy it, repair tranny issues and it would be a 2-4k truck. would be easy repairs for me. couple weeks it would be done.

·
Registered
9,816 Posts
Around here junkyards will buy almost any car for $500 easy, they'll even send a tow truck to your house to pick it up. Why bother selling to a private party when you can make 1 phone call have it picked up and get paid. Not like anyone gives a shit what happens to their cars anymore anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts