Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, First time user here. I've got a '91 Silver Anniversary Bronco stock (no lift). Will 33x12.5x15 fit without modifications? I'm a old shade tree mechanic so this site info is GREAT! :beer Thanks for the help.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
Best answer is YES and NO.. Depends on your vehicle's condition(saggy springs) and your willingness to break out the sawzall if needed.....Try the search button up top. .This is an old topic that comes up often...let the search button be your guide...

And welcome to the site. Glad to have ya!!----Fog

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thx foghorn. I've searched this extensively. It appears this size tire fit varies by year model. I'm hoping someone with a '91 will post. I'm trying to keep this truck as original as possible.

·
Registered
62 Posts
just put 31x10.5x15 on my 95 and i love em,,they work good offroad are great looking and beefy,,why you need all that rubber. oh and i can still go down the highway

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
on the national wheel and tire site they have a chart that gives max size for stock and lifts you might check that out

·
Registered
60 Posts
TileitII said:
just put 31x10.5x15 on my 95 and i love em,,they work good offroad are great looking and beefy,,why you need all that rubber. oh and i can still go down the highway

Question I have 95 drivetrain all stock. If I put the 1 1/2 leveling coils in the front and new shocks all 6. Will 31x10.5x15 or 32x10.5x15 tires fit on the stock alloys that came with the truck. The reason I'm asking is that I really don't wheel all that much. I'm just trying to build a capable 4 wheel drive vehicle. I mostly ride trail and moto-cross. I do wheel in the winter though just can't pass up all the mud that the snow brings on the trails. I am eventually going to put a lift on the truck just can't do it untill I get a commuter car. Work in D.C. and the parking garage can only hold another 2-3 inches till the roof gets ripped off. :banghead Any comments would be much appreciated. Sorry for the long post. I love the Bronco too much to ever stop modifying her.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
smokinjoestein said:
Question I have 95 drivetrain all stock. If I put the 1 1/2 leveling coils in the front and new shocks all 6. Will 31x10.5x15 or 32x10.5x15 tires fit on the stock alloys that came with the truck. The reason I'm asking is that I really don't wheel all that much. I'm just trying to build a capable 4 wheel drive vehicle. I mostly ride trail and moto-cross. I do wheel in the winter though just can't pass up all the mud that the snow brings on the trails. I am eventually going to put a lift on the truck just can't do it untill I get a commuter car. Work in D.C. and the parking garage can only hold another 2-3 inches till the roof gets ripped off. :banghead Any comments would be much appreciated. Sorry for the long post. I love the Bronco too much to ever stop modifying her.

ok with my saggy springs, I run 33x12.50/15 mudders on my truck, I have very minimal rubbing and only at full lock. Im also running a custom bumper though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
OldBlue said:
ok with my saggy springs, I run 33x12.50/15 mudders on my truck, I have very minimal rubbing and only at full lock.

Okay Brad did you sawzall your fenders? I'm not to fond of the idea to cut the fenders. I would rather get extended radius arms or space the bumper, anything but take the sawzall to my baby. Again anyone chime in if you have input related to the dudes story.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
smokinjoestein said:
Yes..........

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
smokinjoestein said:
you can run up to an 11.50 on the stock rim. I've seen some guys run 12.50's but then they look like balloons IMHO. If I were you id run a 33x10.50 or a 32x11.50 depending on the stance you like.

you dont even need the leveling coils to run those sizes. unles you are going for jsut a little taller than stock.

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
OldBlue said:
ok with my saggy springs, I run 33x12.50/15 mudders on my truck, I have very minimal rubbing and only at full lock. Im also running a custom bumper though.
Custom bumper? Got any pics?

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
:banghead i can't believe this shit, i leave for a day and we're back to the same bullshit question. :banghead

Atta-Boy, you obviously didn't search very hard, because 89 and 91 have the exact same body and i can't even count how many times i have posted pictures of my stocker on 33s. yes they will rub if you wheel like me....

but on the street you will be fine. if you are debating this so bad, then you should probably just run 31-32s.
smokinjoestein said:
If I put the 1 1/2 leveling coils in the front and new shocks all 6. Will 31x10.5x15 or 32x10.5x15 tires fit on the stock alloys that came with the truck.
shocks have nothing to do with ride height. i have seen guys running 44x19s on stock 15x8s. some people run fat tires on skinny rims so the bead seats better. you're tire will look a little skinnier and taller, but its not a big deal.

SALLY88C: heres my 89 stock with 33s

·
Yeeeeehaw Y'all!
2,038 Posts
I've got 33's on my 88 with a stock suspension.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had a set of Bridgestone Dueler MT 33x12.5x15 mounted today. No modifications were needed. Tires don't rub anything. Thanks again for the help.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts