Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after driving my bronco in 4 wheel drive it seems to go into neutral after top gear. doesn't do this in 2 wheel. i come to a stop and i here something going on downstairs, like a stripped gear or something not engaging. i then hit the 4x4 button and it slams into something with the light still on. i drive the truck again until it hits top gear and same thing happens. any ideas???
just joined the site. bought the truck for my inlaw. i have a 95 bronco and recently sold my 91 centurion. any help would be great.
thanks
dave

·
Registered
155 Posts
my truck does almost the same thing. Ill be driving in 4 wheel drive with no problem at all then all of a sudden the truck would go in like nutral. If i hit the 4x4 button when it will just start grinding but wont stop intill i hit the button again. But i found out if when the truck feels like its in nutral and i shit if in nutral then hit the 4x4 button it dosent grind just makes a huge clunk then ill drive like 5 ft in 2 hit the 4x4 button and be on my marry way intill it happens all over again 5 mins later lol. I think its just the motor in the transfer case going bad but im not sure.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is exacly what I was talking about in another thread. I bought another used tcase and it does the same thing. I've ready that a bad oil pump will starve something of oil and cause something on the shift forks to go bad resulting in this problem. PLEASE let me know if anybody finds anything out about this!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts