Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interested in removing my efi speed density setup for a fitech efi carb. Money isnt the problem and I'm going get a standalone trans tuner ecm. What would be the issue going from speed density to a efi carb setup, doesn't have to be a fitech can be anything similar, Holley etc. I know fitech makes a whole master kit that gives you everything to get going. Anyone ever done this on a speed density motor.

·
Premium Member
84 Bronco, 351w, c6, custom doubler, np208, 5.13’s, TTB44, 9”, locked f/r
715 Posts
I’ve yet to see any of those TBI fuel injection kits beat the reliability of a stock multi-port fuel injection set up.
What have you done to the motor performance wise? If it’s mostly stock I don’t see any gains by going to a TBI set up

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All stock motor but want to build a turbo setup up in the future. I mostly want it for tuneabilty because the speed density doesnt have much aftermarket. I could convert to OEM efi from the 5th gens. But price is nearly the same. The fitech and similar setups have way less wiring and can be tuned to your heart's content.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Factory ford maf is easier in my opinion. Fully tunable with moates quarterhorse or tweecer setup. Mustang a9l computers are readily available or fiveology racing offers nice kits for a good price.

All that's required is a few repins on the ecu, injector harness and running a few new wires for the maf sensor. I converted my 86 speed density to a mustang a9l setup and its running a highly modified 347 on factory tune with a calibrated pro m maf sensor.

I plan on tuning for optimal performance but it runs pretty well on the factory tune. The ford maf computers are incredibly adjustable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I run one on an SBF. It was converted from carb. The down side I see is losing the long runner intake. Guys who have switched to carb could probably comment on that.

With an automatic and a mild cam it should be pretty straight forward. Sticks speed up engine transition states and takes some tuning to eliminate bugs and lean spots during shifts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
All stock motor but want to build a turbo setup up in the future. I mostly want it for tuneabilty because the speed density doesnt have much aftermarket. I could convert to OEM efi from the 5th gens. But price is nearly the same. The fitech and similar setups have way less wiring and can be tuned to your heart's content.
Whatever you do dont run one of these junk fi-tech or similar setups for forced induction, especially turbo. Ive been running the Megasquirt Mustang 86-93 pnp unit on my bronco and is the best, easiest, user tunable setup you can find for the money.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Another option:

Stinger-Performance.com - Plug & Play PiMPxshift Standalone Powertrain Control Units (Engine & Transmission Tuning) & PiMPx (Engine Tuning) for 86-95 F-Series Trucks (and other Fords of the era), Coil On Plug Conversions for V8 Fords, Cam Angle Sensor Conversions for TFI Distributors, Wideband o2 Controllers, Injectors, Gauges, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey there,
I will be doing the same thing on on '90 but using one of these: Summit Racing® MAX-efi 500 Fuel Injection Systems SUM-240505 . i will also be starting with a new block, Mine has been sitting for ten years so i want to start fresh. Good plan going with the trans tuner from what i have read and you may also want to look into a new distro, i will be adding that with a MSD box. Good luck and keep us al posted.

·
Registered
95 Bronco, 351W, E4OD, 4.56 gears, 35x12.50x15 Patagonia MTs.
61 Posts
Stinger-Performance.com - Plug & Play PiMPxshift Standalone Powertrain Control Units (Engine & Transmission Tuning) & PiMPx (Engine Tuning) for 86-95 F-Series Trucks (and other Fords of the era), Coil On Plug Conversions for V8 Fords, Cam Angle Sensor Conversions for TFI Distributors, Wideband o2 Controllers, Injectors, Gauges, etc.
This looks like a great option. Appears to be MS3 but in a more user friendly package?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts