Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a couple questions (well actually hundreds but lets pace myself) 1st is my overdrive switch on dash is missing will a regular lighted toggle work in place of it? Finally found a set of buckets w/console and back seat all matching I am missing the two floor mount brackets that let rear seat fold forward can you order them? just fabricate? Got the critter all fixed as far as A/C replaced everything dryer, condenser, compressor, orifice tube, and inside box got started on it and orifice tube was full of metal so just bit the bullet and did it all need it here in Alabama working great we got a dah readout of 68 degrees I'm happy. Still trying to figure OBD power point no voltage checked fuses as someone recommended all were good but radio have to put one in anyway, but still have engine lite on. Well check on answers to these two and add more later . Thanks for all the help

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
4,075 Posts
Hey there...lmc truck or Jeff's bronco graveyard sold be able to help with the od switch and the seat tracks.

Any chance the check engine light could be oxygen sensors? Had that happen with my 90 bko and 99 expedition.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey there...lmc truck or Jeff's bronco graveyard sold be able to help with the od switch and the seat tracks.

Any chance the check engine light could be oxygen sensors? Had that happen with my 90 bko and 99 expedition.
I have found that I'll need to check just power washed under mud every where and red clay at that the kid that owned it put shortie headers and had an exhost built it's quite a Frankenstein under used a cross over pipe cut it in half to get it to fit then stacked sone pipes to blend the headers and oxygen sensor is in another pipe between the two but there is an oxygen sensor. Now I need to clean driveway my wife is mad she got some mud on her new SUV but I'll check had to come in another gully washer hit here, maybe it will clean the drive

·
Super Moderator
28,203 Posts
Yo Falcon,
E4OD Transmission Control Indicator Light (TCIL) is a LED with an overdrive on/off switch at end of the Transmission shifter stalk; flashing OD light is an indication of a transmission related trouble code in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM).
The transmission control switch is a momentary contact switch. When the switch is pressed, a signal is sent to the powertrain control module (PCM) (12A650). The powertrain control module then energizes the transmission control indicator lamp and the coast clutch solenoid, applying the coast clutch to provide engine braking and cancels fourth gear operation; does it cause the lamp to glow?
The TCIL indicates overdrive cancel mode activated (lamp on), electronic pressure control circuit shorted or monitored sensor failure (lamp flashing).

As Broncmom advised.

Try a Self Test for Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC)s by my pal, BroncoJoe19 @ Code Reader
The engine temperature must be greater than 50° F for the Key On Engine Off (KOEO) Self-Test and greater than 180° F for the Key On Engine Running (KOER) Self-Test. Run it around to heat the engine up and shift thru all gears including Reverse. Make sure A/C is off and transmission is in Park (automatic); or in Neutral for a Manual & release clutch. Then turn off engine, all accessories/lights (close driver's door) , etc.

Do KOEO test First. Post Code(s) here according to KOEO & KOER.
A helper can assist you by counting the codes. Some use their smart phones to record them.

BEWARE OF FAN, BELTS, PULLEYS, HOT HOSES, IGNITION HIGH TENSION WIRES, AND ENGINE COMPONENTS

Or ask local mom and dad parts stores if they will test it for you.
Or purchase a coder reader such as Equus 3145 Innova OBD I Code Reader for Ford EEC IV Engines at Walmart & most parts stores.

"missing the two floor mount brackets that let rear seat fold forward can you order them? "
One of our Vendors , Jeff's Bronco Graveyard, a.k.a. "The Graveyard," has a classified section;
Bronco Graveyard Registry

For a YARD SEARCH on-line, I use;
Hollander Quality Replacement Parts | Find Used Auto Parts | Online Locator
A yard that uses Hollander Interchange can search other yards and have it shipped including some Canadian yards.
"...For over eighty years, Hollander has been making the best tool for fast, interchangeable part matches. The new Edition Hollander Interchange contains more interchangeable options than ever before.
The Hollander Interchange provides auto recyclers and auto collectors, rebuilders, and others with the easiest and most comprehensive solution for identifying interchangeable auto parts..." See their yard Directory @ Seller Directory | Used Auto Parts | Hollanderparts
Can select a certain part.
Your Search: 1991 >Ford > Bronco > Interior > Seat Rear > Alternate Seat Rear

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
New seat rails are unobtainium. Junkyard is your only option here.

OD Switch- you need an OEM replacement.

CEL- you need to pull the codes and find out why it’s on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts