Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i have a 300 six in my truck now. Its a great engine for what its made for but not what i want. I know i need the engine perches and mounts to physically bolt the motor in but could i grab the 302 out of a foxbody mustang with maf and use the harness and eec from the mustang and just bolt it in? I want the mustang 302 not for a power upgrade but a potential upgrade. I plan on building the motor for boost later on and the mustang 5.0 i feel would be a better starting point. With it being maf and having a better designed intake for upgrades in my opinion.

·
Registered
212 Posts
It wont be a hard swap since you would have the eec and harness you can adapt it to the truck just fine but if you have an auto and plan on keeping it you will need to get a eec for a 302/e4od with maf im pretty sure the mustang has an aod if its an auto but not 100% you need to check that out. but if the trucks a manual then no worries in the eec department.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The truck has a manual lol. So your saying the engine, harness, and eec with just plug right in? Do the motor mounts bolt in the same place as the f150s do on the engine?

·
Registered
212 Posts
its not gunna be a 100% plug and play swap but I would say 80 to 90%. the truck wiring is probly going to be different for some of the other features that run off the eec harness. you will find that the wiring harness will probly not plug into all the plugs that go to the truck chassis. your truck wiring harness is one big harness that wraps all the way around the engine bay and includes the headlights heater and a bunch or other crap that you will have to figure out what does what and splice in on the car harness

but if you get the motor mounts, swap the radiator, check the oil pan will clear everything, get a flywheel you will be able to make it run and drive.

there are bunches of 150's that came with maf that it would be a lot easier to do that swap with that have everything you need and it will all go in a lot easier.

·
Registered
212 Posts
well that depends on how deep your pockets are. what exactly are you planning on doing for tuning and all that stuff that goes with throwing a turbo on an engine? what kind of power levels you looking for?

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Why not leave that truck alone and just buy a 2wd truck?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Why spend the extra money when i have a truck sitting in front of me haha. Thats money i could put into my truck.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Because 2wd brick nose Fords around here in AR sell for less than a grand easily in great shape. Which means hot rod and trail toy.

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,881 Posts
Most people don't want a shitty carb anyway. Come around these parts. You may have to suck it up and get EFI then just slap a carb/intake/dizzy on it but 4wds are hard to find cheaply here.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im about to be done with this truck! Ive spent 2000 so far and it still wont start with a key (push button) and runs like junk.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts