Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, I searched around and couldn't really find what I was looking for. Maybe somebody on here has came across the information I need. There is a 91 F350 that somebody is parting out locally. Any ideas if there are any parts on it I could use for my bronco without significant modifications? I know this is kind of a retarded question since technically I could modify the bronco or the part to work together but what I mean is are there any parts from a 91 F350 that could easily be used to improve/repair an 86 bronco?

·
Registered
445 Posts
what size engine the 350? 2wd or 4wd? is it wrecked at all??

·
Banned
19,922 Posts
Depends on what the Bronco needs. The windshield & door skins are the same - that's about it. If the F350 is 4WD, the t-case is different, but interchangeable. Seats are also different but interchangeable. Anything else would require varying degrees of modification.

·
Registered
445 Posts
rear axle yes, but the front only if it is straight, which it should be, but there were a few odd ones that had the leaf ttb crap, if the front isn't messed up u can always swap it for your 86 look. if it was me tho, i wouldn't, i think the 80 to 86 style is the best look for a fullsize bronco.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Far as I know the F350 isn't wrecked. The ad says it has a new front end (which might mean it WAS wrecked) and new brakes. It's a diesel engine in the F350. Not sure how much of a difference that makes beyond the engine, exhaust and maybe drivetrain?

My bronco is in fairly good shape aside from the retarded wiring that somebody did to it. I'm by no means a mechanic but I'm very confident in it and everything I know needs to be changed are fairly simple repairs needed only because it is old (front and rear brakes are next on the list, just replaced the thermostat). I do need a windshield (badly), lots of random interior parts (not too worried about these since I want to hurculine everything). I just thought I'd ask since if I can get something cheap I am perfectly willing to either replace it or have a spare.

EDIT: By the way I completely agree with you 84broncorig, I like the 80-86 style the most too that's why I was happy to get the 86 (same body style but with fuel injection).

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So about these axles... Later in life (probably within the next year or so) I'm going to be using this truck (almost if not completely) as an offroad rig. I've read about straight/solid axles being better for offroad. What price would make it worth buying the axles now and holding on to them until I stop needing the truck for towing and normal road driving or if either of my axles should break? Or would the F350 axles not be the best idea for offroading? Sorry if this is elsewhere, figured I'd ask since it came up.

·
Registered
445 Posts
well the axles would definetly be a good investment. since it has the diesel engine, i would imagine it would have a D60 up front and i think rear too, i am sure someone will correct me if i am wrong tho.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts