Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Ford Hoarder
I own a bunch of Broncos 10 or so . Lol
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pump will come on and run for a second when starting bronco will run for about 5 seconds and die.
Ok I thought the pump was bad finally got it to run using the test plug see pic . It will run fine jumping it that way .

So what is bad ?

·
Ford Hoarder
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Relay was a waste of $20 . Still does not run . Only with test wire jumped . I cleaned all grounds under the hood also .

·
Ford Hoarder
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I done these test and get to test 4 and that's where I fail the test no signal from the computer.
It gives this
I would think that my pip is working since the bronco runs by doing the jumper on the check port for the fuel pump .
But what my test did show that it does not show a answer for is that my test on the wire from the computer does not light when cranking buy does when the key is off .
Ok I'm guessing computer is bad on the fuel pump switching.
The bronco has set about a year with no battery in a shed with the hood up so rats and mice stayed out . I'm at a loss on why it ran when parked and quit working setting . Which it does run using a jumper wire in fast port.

Anyway thoughts and help are welcome please .

·
Ford Hoarder
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So what numbers do I need to find a pcm ?
Also just learned I have a 5.8 and not a 5.0 . Knew it ran to good .

And wheres a good place to buy from if yall think it's bad causing my problem.

·
Registered
91 Bronco, 351 lightning motor, 6 inch lift 35inch tires
77 Posts
It's never. Ever a computer. Waste of 100 or more bucks
I see the pics, it looks bad doesn't it. I guess it can happen. The way to test it would be find someone with a breakout box. But labor probably would cost more than just buying a used computer

·
Premium Member
4,286 Posts
holy ecu pic hoard.

Ecu is bad. eec and fuel relay runs fuel pump. You didn't have to buy a new relay just jump the connector with a wire to test. Ebay sellers fix ecu's you pay, mail it to them and they mail it back. Or buy one off rockauto.

Pics of the 10 bronco hoard?

·
Premium 4 Lyfe - Way Back Staff
'95 XLT: 5.8, MAF, E4OD, 4.56's, 6" lift on 33's
35,864 Posts
What a drag to see you struggling without any responses. Damn this new format... not that I'd have been much help anyway. Awesome you got it licked and appreciate the follow-up. Some of us still know how to use a search function around here... even if we (I) can't keep track of much else anymore.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts