Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a VERY clean 1991 XLT in 3 tone red/black/silver that just turned 101k. I bought her from my neighbor in April 2007 w/96.5k. He owned it since 97 when he bought it from a Ford dealer w/47k on it. Since April I have dropped about $4k in her doing EVERYTHING. Wife just got a new job and we need a commuter car but at least I get to have her Jeep CRD :)

Interior-Courderoy(sp?)grey interior in great shape except for dime sized hole on bottom of Dr seat. Has cargo liner in rear and new OEM floormats. New headliner, driver window motor, rear window motor, new side door felts. Factory radio/cassette, center console, etc. Real clean carpets and crack free dash/plastics.

Exterior-New OEM Expedition red paint, Black and silver is all original and shines like new. Tailgate and roof have been repainted in black but sides, etc are all original. No rust whatsoever except the usual tailgate bottom which has been repaired, painted and has a stainless steel strip that covers it as well. Other than that...NO RUST! The chrome is real nice, not show chrome but real nice. All moldings and trim are in place, most is perfect some is OK. New OEM Pinstripe as well and a new FULL brushguard($375) and 130w Stainless Dick Cepek lights all wired, etc($120). New denim Bestop tire cover($35) on the 33" spare. Factory Tow package. Top has never been off so no leaks either. diamond plate running boards.

Drivetrain-5.8L EFI, 4spd auto, auto hubs, 3.55 rears. NEW fan clutch($65), battery, air & fuel filters, full A/C system redone including $300 compressor, lines, etc and converted to R134(about $800 total). New Skyjacker steering stabilizer($140). New brakes, not just pads I mean NEW BRAKES. Rebuilt the auto locking hubs, bearings, pads, rotors, calipers, etc...NEW(about $600)! Entire brake system was also flushed as well. New catback exhaust with a little rumble but not much($200). New 33x12.5x15 Dayton Timberline A/T's($700w/spare). New Ford computer $225) Rebuilt Trans and transfer case in 2006(about 6-7k miles ago). I then flushed it and put new filter in when I bought the truck($140). New belt and God only knows what else...I might remember some more stuff.

Options-5.8L, 4spd auto, auto hubs, XLT package, Tow package, Deluxe radio, rear window defroster, OEM aluminum wheels that came w/31's, Rear tire carrier w/33" spare, Tinted rear windows, cruise control w/steering wheel controls, leather wheel, running boards, 3 tone paint, etc. Basically the only options it does not have(that I know of) are leather seats, intermittent wipers, and Eddie Bauer package.

The only things that do not work are the rear defroster, drivers power lock, and the fuel gauge. I spent $75 having it diagnosed and it is the gauge, not the sender or wiring. I just fill it up every 200 miles or so and reset the trip meter. Good thing is if anyone steals it they will bail soon in fear of running out of gas :whiteflag What needs attention is the pass rear molding is wavy(behind wheel). The driver's power lock needs a new actuator or switch but works fine w/key. and rear window felt is getting brittle, etc. EVERYTHING else works as it should including the cruise, AC, rear window(both switches) lights, radio, etc.

Drives like a dream, absolutely love it, would not have spent so much on her if I did not but the times have changed and I need to sell. I am not gonna give it away but cash does talk. I think my pricing is more than fair on a low mileage, 2 owner plus my 9 month stint, original paint, rust and collision free, never 4 wheeled, never removed top, southern weather lived, mostly everything replaced in the last 9 months or 5k miles, Bronco. I will try and post more pics and will have them on file for those who request them. Located in South Tampa Bay area in Ellenton.

Nick (941)545-3808 and [email protected]

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
are you saying that 3 tone paint job was stock, from the factory original?

·
Registered
71 Posts
are you saying that 3 tone paint job was stock, from the factory original?

I was wondering the same thing.

Allthough, sure looks like a nice Bronco. I woul dhave to remove grampas running boards quickly though.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No...the red used to be silver like the bottom. I would have painted the bottom red as well but since there is ABSOLUTELY no rust, I left it alone. I did not want people thinking I covered something up with paint. Plus with the silver/red pinstripe, I think it brings it together nicely.

Yeah the running boards are so 70's and make it look low to the ground but truth be told....they are functional. My wife has a bad back so they ALLOW her to get in andout easily. Plus when you wash the roof or put on new wiper blades..you don't need a ladder. Whover buys teh truck can remove them in my driveway with my help. I'll probably get $30 for them at the scrapyard:rockon

·
Registered
296 Posts
nice bko, Not 5k nice, but nice.

Most all of us have more into our bronco's then they are worth on the street.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well if they pay say $4500 for it then they are getting the rest of the truck for $500 after the $4000 in parts that I put in it the last 4-5k miles or so. How many FSB with 100k and just about everything new are around for that? Sure one can spend $$2500-3k for a nice used one but that is what I did in April and look where that got me. I'm still taking about a $2k hit on this thing.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would say 32-3700 tops. But I am just a butthead with two Bkos.

maybe the big e-bay would do you better. your looking at a buyers market right now. I spent 2600 on mine, have about 2k in parts in it. I doubt I would get 2k for it right now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess yours is just not as nice because I got full offer. Real nice and clean Broncos like mine are hard to come by...and the market proved it.

Deal pending!

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
broncos like yours are not hard to come by

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
And I assume you have seen mine as well? If not then how on earth can you both make a statements like that?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Gas is too high, and these like gas.

And the market is flooded with bronco's and other suv's right now.

hence the buyers market.

·
I have a Straight Six
3,443 Posts
Congrats.

However at the same time, I can't help but think what kind of idiot would pay full price for an "OBO" deal.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why would they be an idiot?

I agree on not negotiating but it did happen....maybe it was bugzappers Mom?

Just kidding it was along string of things like taking them to the bank and DMV.etc that took about 4 hours total...they just said I will give you $4950...who is to complain? If no one belives me I can show you the deposit slip!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts