Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought the truck with 200,6851 miles. It started ticking at low rpm recently. the ticking goes away while in gear and driving. I suspected oil being too thin but it was not the case. do any one know how to fix it? also, the truck's performance seemed to be weak going up hill on freeway when passes 65 mph, the truck has 32'' mud tires...are the tires too big for on road driving or is it something else? Thanks! :beer

·
Registered
45 Posts
it could have a valve, lifter, or rod problem with so many miles. who knows how well it was taken care of. for a temporary fix you could try lucas additives. but long term you probably need to really get in there and see whats wrong. 32's aren't that big of tire. i have a 96 with a 302 on 33's and i can do 70 on the highway no prob

·
Premium Member
3,944 Posts
mine has 206500, it makes a little noise but still runs strong, i have 35" mud terrain with no problem running 70 on interstate. from your post you have a ton more miles then me.(haha) may be getting close for a rebuild.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine has 206500, it makes a little noise but still runs strong, i have 35" mud terrain with no problem running 70 on interstate. from your post you have a ton more miles then me.(haha) may be getting close for a rebuild.
thats ****ed up..i will race u guys!.i can do 70 but i have to really floor it. gear ratio definitely has something to do with it. can these trucks make to 300,00:toothless
0?

·
Registered
79 Posts
thats ****ed up..i will race u guys!.i can do 70 but i have to really floor it. gear ratio definitely has something to do with it. can these trucks make to 300,00:toothless
0?
Whether it makes it to 300k depends on you and the PO's. Do a search on the six-litre tune-up and go from there. I'm half way to 300k (96 5.0) and my rig runs stronger than when it was new thanks to the tune-up, sea foam, and simple exhaust replacements (search those too).:thumbup It only takes light throttle to cruise 70 in my rig.:popc1:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts