Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and only found one thread that dealt with swapping a 92-93 column into an older Bronco--and there was no closure:cry

My question is this: Has anyone swapped a steering column from a 92-93 into a 91? I know the wiring issues involved if I want the OD cancel button, high beams, and wipers on the column-but how do they match up physically?

The reason I'm considering this is because I've got some isues with my column right now (steering wheel pulls down easy w/out using the lever and now my ingition switch won't work to shut the Bronco off---it turns but nothing happens(I don't think being -31 outside helped much)):banghead So, instead of tearing apart the existing column I thought about swapping a newer column in place of the worn-out one.

Any ideas, thoughts, concerns, advice, and sarcasim is welcome:toothless

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
I would think you would need the whole dash. Since the two columns arent even remotely the same shape.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would think you would need the whole dash. Since the two columns arent even remotely the same shape.
I knew that they were different--I had a 96 F-150 at one time. I haven't had a chance to get side by side with a 92+ to look at the differences since I thought about this though.

The wiring is the LEAST of the problems. The short answer is: FORGET IT. The long answer is: take LOTS of pics! ;) :thumbup
So, what your saying is if I'm crazy enough to try it-record my impending failure.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ding Ding Dig, we have a winner :thumbup
...let me know if you EVER drive it closer to me than Iowa so I can climb a BIG tree before you get here. :rolleyes:
Thanks for not lighting me up too bad---even though I did ask for the sarcasim:toothless

:whiteflagI guess I'm just going to have to tear this one down and fix the tilt, blinker cancel, ingition switch, and overal loosness.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts