Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'92-'96 Bronco...F-350 brake swap

Has anyone done the F-350 brake booster swap on a '92-'96? I did a search and I checked out Nameless' site (that has pretty good pics) but I couldn't find anything on the years I want. :shrug

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK cool...I guess my main worry was the 350 one is longer and it looked like it angled up toward the hood alot on Nameless' rig, and the hood on the '78 & '79's is alot higher...I was more worried about clearance issues than anything else...is there a drastic difference with this swap???

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
I dont knoe if Raf did it or not but, I have seen the write up on the '78-'79.....

I think you can change the Master cyl & booster but, to do the entire truck, I believe you have to change from the knuckles out. :shrug :shrug :banghead

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
change what from the knuckles out???

·
FSB Pimpster & Recruiter
5,714 Posts
fordman7795 said:
change what from the knuckles out???
Exactly watt I meant is it has to have an 3/4 ton axle. Not just the m cyl and booster....

Allcruisen :imp :usa

·
haaarrrrr haaaarrrr
1,384 Posts
doesn't swqappin the mast. cyl n booster only change the pedal feel? do you have to swap calipers n rotors to get hte actual "brake improvement"?:shrug

·
Registered
5 Posts
drexelsteve said:
doesn't swqappin the mast. cyl n booster only change the pedal feel? do you have to swap calipers n rotors to get hte actual "brake improvement"?:shrug

This was debated on ford trucks.com a while back. The Master cylinder and booster swap will give a faster and firmer pedal, But the actually braking power may not be worth it unless the WHOLE system is redone. If the pedal feel is that bad where you need to swap in a full 350 master cylinder and Booster, You may want to look into heavy duty rotors and pads. Maybe even heavy duty, cross-drilled's for heat management...

BTW, This is Drilim.

·
Gamble Til We Die
518 Posts
still not sure what you are trying to say allcruisen.....

·
hates EVERYTHING!
11,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Plug, and Drilim...thats what I was asking bout! I can take that off my kist of upgrades...Thanks again, guys!:beer

1 - 13 of 13 Posts