Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, I'm trying to replace my headlights and I'm having a bitch of a time removing the headlightdoors. Anybody done it before w/o breaking plastic? My Ford disc says there are two screws which I have removed then it pulls forward and out. But it ain't comin'. Any ideas? anybody??

Many thanks, Dikthod

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
iuf your like me you have to rem,ove the washer fluid resevoir and battery to get to the bolts. just make sure you dont drop them

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
yea, you gotta take the battery and washer res out to get to the lower bolts. i gotta do this soon, to realign a fender and door, replace the lower valance, and paint the headlight doors black, and if im feelin frisky get some new headlights

·
Registered
940 Posts
i put on the black doors, and i was able to get the bolts out without removing anything behind them. i did rip my arms up squeezing them in there, tho. :shrug

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Headlight Doors

Welp!, So far I've got the battery out and unbolted the battery tray. The nuts behind are 11 mm. The door, side marker and turn signal all pulled forward. Now about the headlight I see three adjuster screws but behind them I see these weird looking clips that just look like you pull them out and then... The adjuster screws are real tight, don't know if I want to f' with them?? Anybody??

-Dikthod

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well wadda you know...the new headlights have adjusters. So it looks like you pull the clips.

-Dikthod

·
Registered
852 Posts
I found out how to remove them by going to a junk yard and taking one apart there. That way if you break something, you don't have to buy another one. They already have all that extra stuff out by then too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts