Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1994 Bronco 351W, E4OD 6" Superlift, 35 BFG KM3 4.56 gears Detroit
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first 92-96 style Bronco. It didnt have a stereo in it when i got it and i am not yet ready to put one in it but before i even get started i need to know how it even mounts to the dash. I dont see any brackets or anything that it would mount on to, all i see is a big hole in the dash. anyone have any good pics on how it mounts?

Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive exterior

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
This is my first 92-96 style Bronco. It didnt have a stereo in it when i got it and i am not yet ready to put one in it but before i even get started i need to know how it even mounts to the dash. I dont see any brackets or anything that it would mount on to, all i see is a big hole in the dash. anyone have any good pics on how it mounts?

View attachment 202296
are you planning on a factory style radio or aftermarket single din?

·
Registered
95 EB 5.8
366 Posts
All the aftermarket single din head units should include a universal bracket that you install into the dash and then the head unit slides in and locks into place

View attachment 202311
Note - These have tabs that you can bend to lock it in place, but unless the opening is significantly messed up. It is pretty easy. They also make wiring harnesses so you don't have to cut the factory harness. Just wire the new harness to the new headunit and plug it in. Voila. I have never utilized the tabs. If you do, it makes removing them more challenging should you need to get behind the radio to add amps, speakers, remove dash pad, 4x4 button, etc. Just my .02.

·
Registered
1994 Bronco 351W, E4OD 6" Superlift, 35 BFG KM3 4.56 gears Detroit
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Note - These have tabs that you can bend to lock it in place, but unless the opening is significantly messed up. It is pretty easy. They also make wiring harnesses so you don't have to cut the factory harness. Just wire the new harness to the new headunit and plug it in. Voila. I have never utilized the tabs. If you do, it makes removing them more challenging should you need to get behind the radio to add amps, speakers, remove dash pad, 4x4 button, etc. Just my .02.
Unfortunately the stock plugs have already been butchered. I found the wiring diagram on here for when im ready for that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts