Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
92 E4OD problems

Got some problems shifting from 1 to 2nd gear. When I am riding around town in the 30-40 range, when the tranny shifts into second it makes some weird vibrations and noises and sounds like it is trying to slip back into 1st. When I am really on the gas trying to go from 0-55, this doesn't occur. I checked the fluid, the level was fine and had no bubbles. This just started happening yesterday 92 with E4OD and 302. I need to know if I need to start finding a place to rebuild the damn thing.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,796 Posts
hey stoked you mean the E4OD.

Justin, is there a button on the dash for Overdrive? that would be the easiest way to tell.
if so then your mlps solenoid is going out. its a fairly cheap part and can be picked up at most parts stores.

late

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
E4OD has either a button on the dash or on the shift lever, and AOD has a position to shift into, for examp: P R N OD D 1. Sounds to me like it's just slipping a lil. Get a diagnostics run on it to make sure it's not your VSS. If it's not, have it flushed ($80 bucks I think) and then give it a few days. After that, if it's still acting up, then I'd worry.

·
7,796 Posts
true but for cars like you said, not trucks that would be the E4OD

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My mistake, it is the E4OD. I am going to have a mechanic check it out next week hopefully. I checked the fluid today, it is a dark red and smells burnt. I am going to change it tomorrow. My manual says it takes about 12-16 quarts of tranny fluid, is that correct?
Is the mlps solenoid an internal part or can it be changed w/o removing the pan, if it is the mlps, would you mind explaining what it does, location, etc. Thanks (I don't know a whole hell of a lot about trannies unless it is a C-4 or C-6)

·
7,796 Posts
its on the outside of the tranny. it controls shifting of the tranny . thats all i know. i run the AOD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts