Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1992 EB 302 e4od trans manual locking hubs
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 93 FSB EB and been needing to change my ball joints. Here recently I took my bronco on a road trip and notice some sounds and vibrations coming from the front passenger side wheel. So I'm going to change the rotor(needed to be changed from last break pad change), ball joints, wheel
Bearings and u joint. I going to do both sides. I know it sounds like I'm throwing parts but I've only had the truck for a few months and want it all new. But if this does nit help the sounds what's else could it be. I also hear something when going in reverse up hill. Also if I'm not moving it's hard to turn to the right.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,468 Posts
I would also consider changing the front diff fluid. you are only a few more bolts away from having the 3rd member lose is why I say this. Maybe replace the 2 diff seals as well.
Driveshaft u-joints, pinon bearing, etc in the rear could create that issue. Hard to tell with given info (Hard to tell without in person honestly)

Reactions: Joecruiser

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would also consider changing the front diff fluid. you are only a few more bolts away from having the 3rd member lose is why I say this. Maybe replace the 2 diff seals as well.
Driveshaft u-joints, pinon bearing, etc in the rear could create that issue. Hard to tell with given info (Hard to tell without in person honestly)
I'm going to change the diff oil for sure. I'm at a stoping point until I figure out how to remove the spindle.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so I had to order a sliding hammer and the spindle tool that threads on it and connects to the sliding hammer. I have beat the spindle as well as used
my chessel and some heat with no luck. Also went and and ordered the Moog front end moog-packagedeal111 | Front End Steering Rebuild Kit | 1986-1996 Ford Bronco, axle pivot bushings, spindle bearings/seals and the radius arm bushings (all Moog parts)Plan on having it all installed this weekend. Rockauto and advanced auto had the best price on these parts.

·
Ford Hoarder
78 & 92
7,468 Posts
Not the cheapest way to go, but the last 2 I have done. I just bought new DANA spindles from JBG.
Smashed the old ones off with a lead hammer. Done... The slide hammer tool is a good piece though.
Little antisieze between those mating surfaces helps keep them from getting stuck in the future, or stuck as bad.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From what I was reading the Moog parts where good quality. I'm going have to check out JBG.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco, Eddie Bauer, Raven Black
370 Posts
@Ced4568 The PO of my new Bronco had the axles all rebuilt. Still, it had serious alignment issues. I was going to do the work myself and save some coin....BUT, my wife was pissed that the Bronco followed me home...so, due to other “Honey Dos” and no time...I had to pay!!! Man, I feel like I got hosed, paying for something I can do, BUT she’s running really sweet now, especially with new shoes.

Oh, the wife....yeah, still pissed
25585AE0-2EBF-4ECE-AE8B-8CD969FE43D2.jpeg

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve hit a stopping point. How are you guys getting the rivets out of the Radius/control arm brackets. The drivers side has the rivets in got the passenger side done both the axle pivet bushings and the control arm bushing. Thinking about taking the angle grinder and cutting the Rivets out and replace the control arm brackets if i booger it up. If i change on arm should I change the other?

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Would have had all my tie rods inter and outer done but fedex just said f*** my over night delivery and held my parts for 4 days over this holiday weekend.

·
Registered
7,922 Posts
Grind the rivets flush and use an air hammer to send them the rest of the way home. Replace with appropriately sized grade 8 hardware.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so I have installed everything new in the front end. Both side tie rods inner/outer and adjustment sleeves. Found that the passenger side tie rod end was shot. Changed Both upper and Lower ball joints. Found the upper ball joint passenger side was really bad. Changed both Rotors, wheel bearing in/outer and spindle bearing and all seals. changed passenger side axle bushing and pivot bushing. Going to do the drivers side axle and pivot bushings ones I remove the rivets from the radius arm brackets. Also did the outer u- joints on the axles. Went for a little ride and I have to say I did pretty good getting the bronco aligned, will be getting a wheel alignment in then am. The major vibrations and shaking went away that was coming from the passenger wheel but, the noises I hear when approaching a stop sign or when I give it gas and when going in reverse Sounds like some rattling from the passenger side or under the seats. When I get my wheel aligned im going to get a quote for my rear main seal and have the shop look into it but would still like to know what you guys think it could be.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@Ced4568 The PO of my new Bronco had the axles all rebuilt. Still, it had serious alignment issues. I was going to do the work myself and save some coin....BUT, my wife was pissed that the Bronco followed me home...so, due to other “Honey Dos” and no time...I had to pay!!! Man, I feel like I got hosed, paying for something I can do, BUT she’s running really sweet now, especially with new shoes.

Oh, the wife....yeah, still pissed View attachment 159715
Glad to see I save some coin just put that total back into the bronco hahaha, and I don’t have to worry about a wife just got a girl friend who loves the bronco. Thinking about putting a ring on it bc she will even come out a turn a wrench with me.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Grind the rivets flush and use an air hammer to send them the rest of the way home. Replace with appropriately sized grade 8 hardware.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
going to do that once I get a few other things done in the next few weeks I think I can change the radius arm bushing whiteout taking the bracket off it’s just a lot easier that way to me.

·
Premium Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got the Bronco back today found out I need a new rear drive shaft thats what was causing the noise and vibrations.I ordered one from oreillys Part # N96606 precision driveline. I never knew how hard these are to come by i called the dealer and they cant even get them. Other bad new I found that both the front crank seal and the rear crank seal are cracked and needing replaced. Taking it to my mechanic that i use for everything I feel like paying for(or dont feel comfortable doing) also my landlord has had her panties up her a** and does not want me working on my bronco in the drive way. Should I go ahead and replace both drive shafts or wait?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts