Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been on here for quite few years now and never posted much on my bronco, so time to start the build thread. I have been working on this for about 6 years.

So heres the back story- I bought the bronco in Jan. 06 then about 3 weeks later the motor starter running really bad. Took it to ford and they didn't know what was wrong. Drove it for about 2 more months and the motor let go.

I build a carb 306 for it and went all out on it. I put it in and had fuel issues and got mad and sold the motor. I bought a stock 5.8 and put it in and bought a 8" skyjacker lift and 5.13s, Detroit lockers, and 40" ground hawgs.

Then I changed my mind and sold everything. I picked up a 460, dana 60, 10.25. I wanted a strong and stout bronco. So here are the specs now: EFI 460, build E4OD with the punisher valve body, stock 1356(for now), 16" ballistic fab coil-overs, james duff arms, king pin dana 60 with 5.13s, sky manufacture high steer arm, ruff stuff 1.5" DOM steering with 7/8 himes, ruff stuff 1.5" DOM track bar and brackets, ruff stuff diff cover, 10.25 rear with 5.13s locked, ruff stuff disk brakes, ruff stuff diff cover, 8" skyjacker springs.

I also have PSC steering box, pump, reservoir, and ram. A warn 15k for the front, a ramsey 8k for the rear, most lines are AN or will be changed to AN lines. I have lots more to add but time for some pics.

Heres the only stockish pic I have.

Pulling the old 5.0

New 306

Then I put a 8" lift and 40s

Then picked up some 460s

Quick vids of it running. Still need to get the bugs out.
http://youtu.be/SViBzEgMFdA?hd=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpHksoqFGs&feature=channel

E4OD and 1356

WILL ADD MORE TOMORROW. Calling it a night.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey man...aren't you the one that put the 04 Expedition center console in. I'm thinkin of doing that with my 94. How did that work out for you? Do you have any more pics of the install?

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On to the dana 60, coilovers, james duff arms.

First I copied a cage arm mount but I was having trouble mounting the coil overs to the axle with those mounts. Also I set my castor wrong so I started all over.

Then I had another issue. My shock hoops were too small. My bronco was going to be huge. So since I don't have a bender yet I talked to Dawgfan. He bent me two hoops and they work great.

Axle pulled to redo the lower mounts.

I moved the axle forward 2" also.

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

40" tire. The size I plan on running.

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
While waiting on parts I started painting my bronco too.

Some interior stuff.

And the EXPY center everybody is asking about. I haven't done anything with it other than paint it and set it in there.

I also have a explorer over head center. (No pic) But now I am changing my interior to gray. I have all the stock panels and just have to paint the centers and triple pod.

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And some random parts pics.

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great looking build. By any chance could you measure the opening in the center console. The whole in front of the cup holders.
Its 6"x almost 9"

Mine will get a 12volt.com switch panel.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Damn good looking build. Everything is turning out great. I like the tan interior too. Any specs on the 460? Stock?

tim

·
Premium Member
1996 FSB
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To answer a few questions.
The center is out of a 04 exp.

The 460 is pretty much stock. I put a comp thumper cam in and roller rockers and did some head work. The motor has very low miles on it so I left it alone for now. Will get mass air and a 514 stroker kit one day. Maybe even a supercharger.

I plan on just trail riding with it. Should do pretty good. I have 16" of wheel travel up front but I will stop it at 15". I have built a few mud trucks but this is my first crawler type. The truck in the first pic I built it from the frame up.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looking great!! That 460 sounds awesome!!!! Are you running a custom tune or is that a factory SD computer??

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey man...Thanks for posting the interior pics. Looks awesome! What part of Macon you from? I grew up in Bloomfiled.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.