Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 92 Eddie Bauer with the stock suspension. Dual shocks up front. I drive logging roads in the Idaho Panhandle and would like to soften the ride so pot holes are not so jarring especially the wash board effect. Any ideas wouls be appreciated. Thanks

· Registered
1990 xlt 351 f4te 4" lift 33" BFG
121 Posts
Here's what i did. I started with a 2" but it was more trouble than it was worth. Looking back I wish I had just gone with a 4" lift to start. JBG pivot drop brackets. extended radius arms( item number 33516S). skyjacker 4" soft ride coils. Procomp nitro quad shocks. I had f250 rear leaf springs but the ride was too stiff. switched back to stock rear leafs with blocks.

· Registered
1995 Ford Bronco XLT 5.8l, E4OD & 2022 Ford Bronco 2.7 4dr
88 Posts
I put 2” pro comp coils in the front of mine with bilstien 5100s and some adjustable alignment cams.
Made the front soak up bumps so much better. The rear now needs some help. The rear now needs some attention as I can hit stuff with the front and it’s fine but the rear bottoms out too easily.
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

· Registered
16 Posts
Hi Pick-a-part,

I'm looking to do something similar to what you described. I was thinking of going the 2" route, just to avoid the possibility of lengthening my driveshaft. However, I have to agree that it probably makes sense to go with a 4" given the trouble and expense. JBG has a 4" kit that looks good. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind: First, did the 4" lift require you to lengthen your driveshaft? Also, you mentioned JBG drop brackets and JBG extended radius arms. Did that combination eliminate the need to move the stock brackets on the frame? My understanding is that typical combinations are either stock length radius arms with drop brackets or extended radius arms with relocated stock brackets. However, I would prefer not to drill and move the stock brackets if the combination you mentioned will work. Lastly, which front and rear Pro Comp shocks did you get for the 4" lift?

Thanks,

John

· Registered
1990 xlt 351 f4te 4" lift 33" BFG
121 Posts
Driveshaft is still stock length, but I swapped the aod for a 4r70w. The 4r70w is an inch longer. I'm still running stock radius arms with drop brackets and pivot drop brackets. Pro comp shocks and skyjacker soft springs. The stock bracket needs to be moved back with extended radius arms, so if your not up for drilling I'd pass on that project. As for the shocks, Bronco graveyard used to sell a kit for all six shocks. I'm not sure the length. I'll try and find the receipt and get back with you. Hope this helps.

edit Pro comp ex9000. I always run nitro shocks. Never hade good experience with hydro shocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts