Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I scored a full set of mint front seats and rear bench from a 92+ yesterday for really cheap (not many Bronco parts here) but obviously the 92+ has different seat belts for the rear. Can I swamp the latches and seat belts straps from my 88 style rear bench?

·
MidlifeCrisisUndrWay
1,690 Posts
Chances are great they will be interchangeable/usable.

I pulled an '89 F-350 front bench seat at a junkyard for my '94 Bronco.

The current (factory) drilled and tapped holes didn't line up, BUT, there was circular areas that DID line up perfectly!

So I just drilled them out and used bolts and nuts to mount.

Seatbelt mounts and seat belt holes lined up perfectly.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Apart from the seat belt issues, the rear seat actually sits slightly wider. When I got my 92, I took out everything to truck bed coat it, broke bolts off for those brackets, and lost the brackets as I didn't worry about it for about 5 years. Had a 90 that was wrecked and stole the brackets from it, and one side of the seat will sit just outside the bracket, but I just threw a long enough bolt through there to replace the pin, will probably take advantage of being in school for machining and make my own pin to put in place one day.

As far as the seat belts, the rear seat will probably need to be drilled for the outter belts/buckles to give you something to mount yours to as the 92+ still has the center lap belt and the buckles for the outter positions.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Just went out to my Bronco and check the back of the seat and felt a hole in about the right spot for the outsides to mount. Decided to cut it open (what is one hole really going to matter when this seat was actually stolen from my dad's 93) and discovered Ford actually kept the hole for the mount. It isn't threaded, so you would have to open up the bottom of the seat to put a nut on the other side, may even have to drill the hole out a little larger as well, but that does make it a good bit easier to insure your rear passengers can at least be somewhat safe.
20200124_194547.jpg

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice thanks!

Just went out to my Bronco and check the back of the seat and felt a hole in about the right spot for the outsides to mount. Decided to cut it open (what is one hole really going to matter when this seat was actually stolen from my dad's 93) and discovered Ford actually kept the hole for the mount. It isn't threaded, so you would have to open up the bottom of the seat to put a nut on the other side, may even have to drill the hole out a little larger as well, but that does make it a good bit easier to insure your rear passengers can at least be somewhat safe. View attachment 153145
Just went out to my Bronco and check the back of the seat and felt a hole in about the right spot for the outsides to mount. Decided to cut it open (what is one hole really going to matter when this seat was actually stolen from my dad's 93) and discovered Ford actually kept the hole for the mount. It isn't threaded, so you would have to open up the bottom of the seat to put a nut on the other side, may even have to drill the hole out a little larger as well, but that does make it a good bit easier to insure your rear passengers can at least be somewhat safe. View attachment 153145

1 - 5 of 5 Posts