Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
421 - 438 of 438 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #421 ·
The guy was selling them thru facebook but now selling them on Etsy. You might want to contact him about using 1/2 plywood to be sure that the housing is deep enough for the wiring harness to clear the plywood. Since he is doing the 3D printing he can design you a deeper one if needed.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB lockers, 4.56 gears, Bassani exhaust
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
I was scouting rear bumpers after my welder friend said it would be cheaper to by a mass produce one. I came across the Protofab and talked to a couple of members about it. They seem to like it so I pulled the trigger. I was going to wait but they are 12-15 weeks out and I didn't want to have to run stock bumpers with all the cool stuff I have done. I will just have to modify it when it arrives. I want it narrowed and the part that wraps the corners to tuck under my quarters and run to the wheel well.( I removed the bottom 4 inches of my rear quarters when I was doing the body work). I also ordered the JB winch bumper from Wild Horse at the same time to avoid any delays when I really need it. I didn't like laying out that much cash for something I don't need yet but things are becoming hard to come by due to the labor shortage. I wont get into why there is a labor shortage.
Also, I posted a question in the noob section but haven't received a responce yet. I found a set of methods 17x8.5 with 0 backspace. They are from a dodge truck. The center bore is 108mm. Does the center bore matter as long as its larger?

Reactions: reptillikus

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
I was scouting rear bumpers after my welder friend said it would be cheaper to by a mass produce one. I came across the Protofab and talked to a couple of members about it. They seem to like it so I pulled the trigger. I was going to wait but they are 12-15 weeks out and I didn't want to have to run stock bumpers with all the cool stuff I have done. I will just have to modify it when it arrives. I want it narrowed and the part that wraps the corners to tuck under my quarters and run to the wheel well.( I removed the bottom 4 inches of my rear quarters when I was doing the body work). I also ordered the JB winch bumper from Wild Horse at the same time to avoid any delays when I really need it. I didn't like laying out that much cash for something I don't need yet but things are becoming hard to come by due to the labor shortage. I wont get into why there is a labor shortage.
Also, I posted a question in the noob section but haven't received a responce yet. I found a set of methods 17x8.5 with 0 backspace. They are from a dodge truck. The center bore is 108mm. Does the center bore matter as long as its larger?
If you match the center bore to the axle flange. It takes the weight of the studs. You can find some hub centrics that would fill the gap. Really depends on how hard you're going to beat on it when you're done. I've gone to 5/8th studs and had my axle flanges machined to fit the bore of the stock alcoas. Now I'm stuck with custom machined wheels if i change.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SHOme

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #424 ·
New parking brake cable installed. What a treat that was.

Motor vehicle Wood Gas Auto part Engineering
Bicycle tire Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
The guy was selling them thru facebook but now selling them on Etsy. You might want to contact him about using 1/2 plywood to be sure that the housing is deep enough for the wiring harness to clear the plywood. Since he is doing the 3D printing he can design you a deeper one if needed.
I was hanging with some friends over the weekend and showing them the pics of the console. One of my buddies makes prosthetic limbs and such. He said if I give him a pattern he can make a carbon fiber center section for my console. it would be 1/8 inch thick. That would allow me to mount it as the go fast guy did. I think it would look good as well. I can wrap the sides in pleather and have the carbon fiber center. He said he can shape it to include the slope for the gauges. I'm pretty stoked about that.

Reactions: cjwchoppers

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I was hanging with some friends over the weekend and showing them the pics of the console. One of my buddies makes prosthetic limbs and such. He said if I give him a pattern he can make a carbon fiber center section for my console. it would be 1/8 inch thick. That would allow me to mount it as the go fast guy did. I think it would look good as well. I can wrap the sides in pleather and have the carbon fiber center. He said he can shape it to include the slope for the gauges. I'm pretty stoked about that.
Wow that is an awesome offer. I would jump on that too if I was you. I have a friend that makes composite race car bodies and any kind of work in composites is very expensive.

If you don't have a local source for pleather or any type of fabric check out Sailrite. They are mostly marine fabrics, but they carry a wide range of products.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #427 ·
I haven't had much time to work on this lately. Been doing some off shore fishing. Tomorrow I'm going Rock fishing in the lower Potomac. This beaut arrived today.
Wood Composite material Gas Hardwood Flooring
Wood Rectangle Floor Wall Composite material

Reactions: loki1981

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #428 ·
Got my rear diff back. ARB and .456. I'll be working on this next. I have a disk brake kit to install as well. The wiring has my brain fried. Need a break.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas
Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Gas

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Catch one for us

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: SHOme

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #430 ·
Reactions: EMO42

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #431 ·
I installed the diff and mounted the disk brake kit. I need to work out how to run hoses and hook up the parking brake. It looks like I can use the stock parking brake cables if I remove the spring that is on it and cut a couple of inches off the caliper end. I'm going to order a couple of cable stops and try it. Down the road I will need to relocate the cables along the frame rail to clear rock slider installation.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting Rim Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Vehicle brake Motor vehicle Vehicle Watercraft
Automotive tire Wheel Gear Motor vehicle Bumper

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #433 ·

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·

·
Registered
7 Posts
Negative. It’s braided stainless hose. Think I got them from BC Broncos. I just assumed that you were calling the hard line AN. If you meant the caliper lines, I apologize. They don’t have AN flares on them just the regular 45 degree standard brake flare.

·
Premium Member
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #438 ·
Negative. It’s braided stainless hose. Think I got them from BC Broncos. I just assumed that you were calling the hard line AN. If you meant the caliper lines, I apologize. They don’t have AN flares on them just the regular 45 degree standard brake flare.
I see it now. Didn't have my glasses on last night. Nice set up you have. I have another housing that I was thinking about trussing. I will wait to see how I actually end up using it first. I have this feeling I may be taking it easy on her. I put a lot of time and $$ in this project. I don't think I will be thrashing it.

421 - 438 of 438 Posts