Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, Threat Motorsports 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB front locker, Yukon .456 gears
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Dang I wish I'd thought of that before I did my RA's. I just measured from the previous holes back to the new location as the instructions stated, but should have mocked it up a bit more to double check. Would have saved me a lot of anxiety!
Thanks. I have been throwing the bolts in the blast cabinet then I hit them with shot of paint. I will pick some up on my next trip.

·
Premium Member
92 Bronco, 408 Stroker, 6R80, Threat Motorsports 4" lift, 9 inch, ARB front locker, Yukon .456 gears
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Reactions: dash_cam

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
A little pic JBG motor mounts painted and ready.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: jofo

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
These give me a chub.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Here is what the zinc coating looks like when you use the POR15 metal prep. These were stripped to bare metal. I'm trying to get as many things ready to paint on Saturday because once you open a can of POR15 you gotta use it pretty quick especially when it's hot and humid. I did buy the six pack of 4 oz cans.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Tore down the 9 inch I'm using and started stripping the crud off. The gas tank and skid plates received a couple of coats of POR15 today as well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I received my Walbro GSS340 today. I need to make a bracket.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
ARP has been effected by Covid. The head bolts are on back order so I ordered studs. Went to install and the washers that came with them are to small. Very frustrated.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Finished painting some brackets so I installed the shock mount relocation bracket and the rear shackles.today.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I put the beams, springs and partial radius arms on. It's hard for me to check the wheel base since the rear is not installed yet so the radius arm mounts have not been installed. I'm thinking the shocks may be to long. I can't be sure until I get everything squared up and mounted.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
I put the rear springs on and was going to install the axle housing but the u bolts sent with the springs are 5/8 and the plate on top had 1/2 inch holes. I do not have a 5/8 bit or a reamer. I will soon. I also couldn't find the fuel tank skid plate bolts. I'll have to pick some up. So I pressed my ball joints in and cleaned and painted more hardware and parts.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Rear install complete. Fuel tank remounted. I also received a submersible fuel line today. I will install the new fuel pump soon. I also put the wiring harness back in place. It needs some attention in the rear. Looks like someone really liked wiretaps. While I'm running the harness is there any additional wiring I should consider adding while it's easy? The only thing I could think of is that power wire for the rear window relay mod.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Fuel pump upgrade complete. Thanks to all who posted about this. Here are is a pic of the original pump with the cover off to show where it was located in the tank.
MVIMG_20200818_161639.jpg
Here is where the new pump is sitting
IMG_20200819_153959.jpg
That's about as good as I can get it. Kingfish999 put his on a piece of all thread and that looked secure and simple. So That's what I did. Here is the assembly before I installed it.

IMG_20200819_154037.jpg IMG_20200819_154045.jpg

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I thought you said this would be a slow build? I'd hate to see fast.

Great job

Once the 95 is out of shop , my wife's 84 GMC K1500 short box goes under the knife. Frame off. I will live vicariously through you until then. .

Buy some Evaporust - then cheap tupperware containers. Label the outside of the container with tape / sharpie. Soak screws, bolts, nuts and hardware in it. A few days later hit it with brake clean and think of all the money you'll save instead of buying new bolts ...a buddy recommended it - best decision I made.

That bolt was NASTY.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Thanks for the encouragement. It will slow down when I get to the 6R80 part. There is a lot to figure out there.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
I went to install the brake line kit I got from JBG. The instructions say carefully remove and compare old brake line to new one. Whoops. I trashed the old ones. Most of them were home made anyway. So now I need to research because this is what I'm looking at.
IMG_20200820_154008.jpg

Reactions: canuckistan97

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
The brake lines are incorrect. I'm waiting for JBG to exchange them. I also ran into and issue with the shock mount on the radius arms. Because I bought the spring buckets with shock mounts after I ordered the lift kit the shock mount on the radius arms is in the wrong spot. Dave at Threat is sending me the correct tabs that I will have to get welded on. I don't weld but my brother does. I will have to take them off and get them welded. Then I will have to redo my paint job. Bummer but this is how projects go sometimes. Funny thing is 30 years ago I would be losing my mind. Now I'm an "it is what it is" guy.
I have been sanding blasting and painting parts for days now. I still have plenty to do while I wait for the tabs.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
While I am waiting on parts. I'm still sanding and painting. Here are the body mount and core support parts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I researched a lot on clear coating or painting or powder coating the intake. We all know they don't look new long unprotected. I decided to paint it with engine paint. Here is a pic of the painted lower and unpainted upper for reference. Very nearly the same.
IMG_20200903_174036.jpg
Here is what I used.
IMG_20200903_181605.jpg IMG_20200903_181559.jpg
I blasted the new intakes to clean off any protective coating prior to painting.

Attachments

Reactions: reptillikus
61 - 80 of 110 Posts