Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
Kinda scary. I feel like everything I have done in my life to this point has prepared me for this undertaking. I am really enjoying it. I have done my best to label bags of bolts and screws and take tons of pictures so I can get it back together.

·
Registered
1989 Bronco XLT 351W with C6, manual locking hubs. 6” suspension lift with 35” Cooper tires
498 Posts
Kinda scary. I feel like everything I have done in my life to this point has prepared me for this undertaking. I am really enjoying it. I have done my best to label bags of bolts and screws and take tones of pictures so I can get it back together.
You will be fine. Make sure to take plenty of pictures. They have saved my butt many times during my interior and engine work. You can always delete them later if you wanted. It’s the best way to see what used to be imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got all the mounts, fuel lines, harness and other stuff off the frame today. I'm leaving the rear axle on for now to make it easier to move. Degreasing and pressure washing next.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
My future son in-law put to work. I was thinking of having it sand blasted but every thing I have read about POR15 says it likes some rust. So I'm going to clean and degrease it really good and paint it. I did the k member on a mustang that way a couple of years ago. It still looks great. Opinions welcome.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I got the body off the lift and on a cart for future work. In going to concentrate on the chassis and engine for now.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Forgot to mention I found a cracked beam mount. I think Threat is going to get more of my business.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts