Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
I have a 93, at 70 I'm running about 2000 R's cruising in OD, and my diff are 3.55's...

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
893 Posts
woops, mine's a 90, but would that matter if i have a 351 and an e40d?

·
Are those REAL?!?!
1,702 Posts
The mechanicals shouldn't, however, tire size will... I'm on 30x9.50's for the time being... gotta save for something a little meatier...

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, should have added that i wanted a close to stock tire size, so anyone running 32/33's need not respond.
Thanks for the info so far, i was trying to get an idea of how far off i am with 37's and 5.13's. AT 70, I am about 2600 rpm :duh

·
Registered
297 Posts
Do you know anyone with a GPS, that's the easiest way to get actual speed that I've found.

If not go buy one and return it in a few hours.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i had my buddy follow behind in my 02 commuter, and I wasnt off by more than 2 to 3 mph. i think the larger tone ring on the sterling sorta corrected that all for me. Its definately closer to stock readings than with the 8.8 and 4.10's

BUT, i am not really trying to figure speeds. I am trying to see how much higher my rpms are at cruising speeds than stock stuff.
Thanks for the input tho.

·
Registered
79 Posts
all your stock guys are going to vart too because tire companies have different size tires.take three different manufactures 31'' and measure them they usaully come out different.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I run 2k @ 70mph on stock everything. At 80 I'm probably up to about 2100-2200

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,871 Posts
I posted a caculator in the tech section a while back :twak
I think its hostd on rafs site. Pretty sure the E4OD has a 0.70 OD gear
type in all the gear ratios, RPM and tire size, then it gives you a speed.

·
Registered
7,167 Posts
Damon, I am at about 2100 at 65 also.
96, with 31's

·
Registered
267 Posts
Beerman said:
Damon, I am at about 2100 at 65 also.
96, with 31's
So am I but when push it into overdrive I get up to 70 and drop down to 2k even.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Damon, not exactly what your looking for but may help down the line somehow. At 70 I'm at 2500 . I believe you know my setup=4.88 and 35's .This sucks on California freeways. :cry

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
just so you can compare it to a non-OD, mine does around 2700 at 65. you know the setup and it's almost identical to what it was stock now that the 4.10s are in.

·
Master Bater
7,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
newbronc said:
Damon, not exactly what your looking for but may help down the line somehow. At 70 I'm at 2500 . I believe you know my setup=4.88 and 35's .This sucks on California freeways. :cry
thanks all, i am pretty high as it turns out.

Interestingly Dan, I too am at 25 to 2600 at 70 with the 5.13 nd 37's. It seems that no matter what i do, I hover around the 9 to 10 mpg level.
Not like I really care, i was just interested to see how much higher i was. Gotta say tho, i really liked the gearing setup today at hollister today. I felt like I had more control than ever before. instead of double footing and using the brake pedal to control my speed, i was finally able to leave my foot off the brake and let the throttle do all forward movement control :chili:

·
Registered
50 Posts
one thing (besides the freeway driving) that bothers me about being so low gearing wise is spinning the tires in 4 low. Even when easy on the gas ,seems like I'm always the first guy to spin. Could be the rounded edges on the MT/r's . I noticed this on our trip to the rubicon, and catch it every now and then. I'm looking to the 37's to help with both my probs. Let me know if you kinda get the same idea after a couple of trips.

·
Screw the Jeep Thing
4,522 Posts
I've been wondering what I'll be running in my 93 when I go 35s and 4.56s.. I don't really wanna run more then 2500 at 70... Only going 4.56s because I have a 4.56 third member sitting on my garage floor.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts